USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I had the "thumbsdown" in Sportsline.com next to USC long before this season ever started. Along with ND, UF, FSU and BC. Some of my most hated teams ever. There seems to be a crimson/gold trend going on here. I think its just coincidence.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

For obvious reasons--namely because I'm a diehard LSU fan--but what have you got against BC?? I've been to quite a few of their games in the 2 and a half years I've lived here in Boston (for the record, their games are boring--I just wanted to see Va Tech, Miami, ND, and Pitt--but I think BC's ok), and let me tell you, the BC fans get pumped that they've been to 4-straight bowl games (albeit they've been the Insight.com, Motor City, Music City, and San Francisco Bowls--hardly a powerhouse program)... BC doesn't beat anyone of importance, unless you count beating Notre Dame--but ND is slowly becoming a middle of the road program--like what Minnesota is...

And it's NOT like BC steals any big-time recruits from anyone, or wins National Championships, or even completes a 9-win season. Their eternally mediocre!! :D

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

It's almost too easy to hate SC. I don't think we (or anyone else) will have to worry about them. However, it will be fun to watch them go through some growing pains and have a poor year. But watch out, they are quickly becoming like Michigan in the 90's where 4 losses gets you a top 15 ranking.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

This is one LSU fan that will be going to the USC Stanford game and i aint going there to be nice!!

Them Trojans fans aint ever seen an LSU fan pissed off.

I am looking forward to screaming loud long and USC fans ears will be ringing all the way back to that hellhole. If they travel with any fans that is.

Geaux Tigers

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd say get over it but you won't so go on ahead and cheer against them, just be prepared t be disappointed an awful lot. Just like anybody who waste their time cheering for us to lose in the future.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Why will they have growing pains next year? They have 16 returning starters and a pretty good QB returning. And last time I checked, they will still be playing in the Pac 10.

Hate on USC all you want, but you can't justify your point about them having a bad upcoming season...

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Why should we get over it? Isn't that what makes college football so GREAT, cheering for teams and wanting others to lose. It's great fun. Come on man forget all this love for others teams cr@p, this is college football. Tell me why on earth we should "get over it".....

When it all comes down to it, it's just a game but it sure makes the sport more interesting to have those teams you can't stand. So when you tell us to "get over it", there really is no logical reason for us to (if you think about it). Lighten up, it's all in good fun.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I dont have the hate energy to cheer for their opponents, that is reserved for one team here in the SEC. After the first game, the Trojans have all patsies left, who pose no threat to them. They should have a cake walk to the big game this year. I would'nt get my hopes up on them losing, although it would be nice for em to drop a couple, with that schedule, Arky or Auburn would look like world beaters.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I should have made my post more clear. SC will have growing pains b/c they have harder expectation to meet. I live out here in LA now, and trust me, these fans expect nothing less than an undefeated national champ season. Last night it was reported that SC landed the best recruiting class ever in college football history. That is a lot to live up to. To put it in perspective, after the Cal game this year, many were on talk radio saying how Pete can't get it done and that this team will never reach the BCS title game losing to teams like Cal. Of course all that noise changed when Ohio St lost to Mich.

Just because they are good that doesn't mean I have to cheer for them, or even wish them well. There success out here has only made me want to see them fail more (that is what happens when you work with several SC grads). Now, I don't care either way really. But if they were to tank a few games next year, I wouldn't be too depressed or cry for SC. Maybe you would.

Call it hate, or call me a hater . . . it doesn't bother me. But please forgive me for not worshiping at the altar that is SC football. God forbid some one have an opinion and try to express it. Does this please you . . . SC is the best team to ever step foot on a football field, why the other teams even bother to show up is beyond me. All should praise Pete and the Trojans. They are clearly the best football team in college football. Is that better. Am I a lover now?