Vaunted Oklahoma embarrassed by 2nd half Baylor Blitz package

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap? gameId=233190201

My favorite part:

White, the nation's leader in passing efficiency, had all of his touchdown passes in the first half as the Sooners rolled up 260 yards of offense and took a 34-3 lead.

From there, however, Baylor slowed down Oklahoma's vaunted offense with a steady diet of blitzes that appeared to confuse the Sooners. The Bears' defense, which came in ranked 109th out of 117 Division I-A teams, sacked White five times, knocked him down several more times and held the Sooners to just seven first downs and 104 yards in the second half. Oklahoma was limited to a season-low 56 yards rushing, largely due to White's sacks. There were even a sprinkling of boos heard from the crowd of 82,117 early in the third quarter, likely the result of fans not accustomed to seeing such sloppiness from Oklahoma this season.

Any small wonder that Kine's Alabama's Dee gave Jason White fits and kept the score low. If Baylor's & BILLYBUMBLE Kine's blitz packages caused Jason White problems, what would the LSU Dee Blitz scheme do for Mr. White and his vaunted OU attack.

Draw your own conclusions. OU better hope they get USC, and they better hope they get a plan to beat blitzing Dees.

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I think we can beat Oklahoma...they've been spoiled playing against the Big 12 JV teams...

4. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

Ha if Baylor's blitzes are too complicated imagine what LSU's would do

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I cannot believe that their SoS is number 7. At least that is what I read on this board. You should not even count Texas, because they just bend over every year against OK. WHo else Oklahoma State? I am not convinced they are any better than Auburn. Bama another no. UCLA another no especially when they played them. A&M, Iowa State, and Baylor are just as awful this year as some of the weak teams that we played.

I know we had some weak teams, but how is OK considered to have a schedule 11 to 12 times tougher than ours?

6. dallastigers

Looking at some of our weaker non-conference teams when they played a non Big 12 team that was on OK's schedule.

Their North Texas only beat our ULM 28 to 26
    Their Fresno State beat our LaTech 16 to 6
    Their UCLA beat our Arizona 24 to 21

Yes the teams that OK played won against teams on our schedule, but not by much. Looked to be pretty even.

With this and their Big 12 schedule vs our SEC I just cannot see why OK has such a higher strength of schedule rating.
    Higher but not 11 to 12 times higher. Maybe these computers need to rent some time on one of these in link below to get all this figured out correctly.

Top 500

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

YOU ARE RIGHT AS RAIN!!

I did not realize that Oklahoma's schedule was not that tough this year. There is something seriously wrong with the data going into the computers making these BCS SOS rankings.

There's something rotten in Denmark. The OK schedule is not much harder then LSU's.

:geaux:

:lsug:

8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Again, the BCS no longer looks at margin of victory. It does not matter that those games were close. All that matters is that those teams listed above (that we played) lost those games. So to the computers, their opponents are winners while ours are losers.

9. dallastigers

I know that. I was not looking at it from the stand point of the BCS computer, but from a realistic stand point.

10. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Sorry, it is so easy to confuse the BCS with reality. NOT! :dis: ;)