Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LSUDieHard, Dec 1, 2012.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Tigers, Saints, Rangers

Mostly I'm interesting in making slideshows with family photos, video similar to the LSU hype videos. I did a little research on my own and was going to buy CyberLink PowerDirector but decided to get input from those who use video editing software first. Especially if you have created a hype video. My daughter has a school project and she wants to put together a montage of Hollywood movies overlayed with her own audio choice so software used to make the hype videos would be perfect. Any ideas?
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

You may want to try Windows Live Movie Maker before you spend any money. It's free and has worked well for the videos I have wanted to make.
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Tigers, Saints, Rangers

Thanks. I've used WMM for slideshows but didn't know if it would work well for editing videos. But I'll give it a shot first.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

I also have Adobe Premier Elements. It has all the power you could ever want, but is way more complicated than WLMM. I have not used it enough to get very proficient at it. Also, when I burn a dvd of a project, if I want to burn more than one copy, I have to recompile it for each burn. Mine is version 9 (current is 11). I don't know if they fixed that bug or not. I have Roxio Creator and while not as powerful as Adobe, it would let me burn multiple copies from the image it would make when it compiled the project.
    LSUDieHard likes this.