Vince Young, NFL bust

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Aug 30, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this dude acts like he came up with an original prediction. It would have been original if he had predicted hall of fame.

Vince Young: Great college QB, lousy pro prospect

Gregg Doyel Aug. 29, 2006
    By Gregg Doyel
    CBS SportsLine.com National Columnist

Vince Young won't make it as an NFL quarterback -- at least, not as a star NFL quarterback. And in time that is how he will be judged.

Was Young worth the No. 3 overall pick of the 2006 draft? Was he a star quarterback?

And the answer will be: of course not.

Unless it's a weak year for prospects, the No. 3 overall pick in any NFL Draft should end up somewhere between the Pro Bowl and the Hall of Fame. If this was a weak year, so be it. Time will tell on the 2006 draft class, just as it will tell on Vince Young. And what it tells on Young, and on the team that picked him, won't be nice.

The Titans got suckered. Suckered by Young's incredible body and athletic ability and highlight reel at Texas. They got suckered so badly, they looked past Young's painfully obvious deficiency: He can't throw the ball downfield.

This being the Titans, you can't be surprised. This is the same team that got suckered by the body, athletic ability and highlight reel of West Virginia cornerback "Pacman" Jones. Despite his obvious character issues, the Titans took Jones with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2005 draft. Jones has been a good player, but he's not going to last in the NFL. A bad character is a bad character, as Jones has consistently shown after 15 months with the Titans.

Hey, it's not Jones' fault. He is what he is. You don't blame the horse for pooping in the kitchen. You blame the idiot who took the horse inside the house.

http://sportsline.com/print/nfl/story/9626003

Argue this all you want, but I haven't felt this strongly about a quarterback since 1998, when the top two choices in the draft were Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.
    I liked Leaf. :lol: :lol:

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah, he's not exactly going out on a limb. There have been plenty of first round "bust" quarterbacks. And yes, time is always the measure.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

His team beat good teams in college. Therefore, he will be an awesome NFL quarterback. Duh.

4. clair

clair Rockets

i know this is a sensitive topic around here, but he has looked good in preseason. I know that don't mean much, but it's still a good sign

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

6. Contained Chaos

According to Mortensen, the Titans are saying that it will take VY 3 years to become the full-time QB.

7. clair

clair Rockets

According to everyone else, he will play once they are 3-9, and have had enough of Kerry Collins. :)

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Everybody seems to keep saying that he'll play against Houston. I sure hope so. Kill two birds in one stone -- let my boy Peek break him and make UT fan STFU for a few minutes.

9. Contained Chaos

That's only 'part of the time.'

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan