Visiting Sept. 25 vs. West Virginia

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OSUcowboys, Aug 23, 2010.

1. OSUcowboys

OSUcowboys Freshman

Hey Tigers,

I know this is still a while down the road, but a group of friends and myself (all of us are grads of Oklahoma State) will be making a trip down there to watch you guys play West Virginia. The Cowboys have a bye that weekend, and we figured we would go somewhere else to watch someone else play.

With your tradition and reputation of game day atmosphere, especially at night, I am extremely excited to get down there and see how you guys do it at LSU. This will be my first time going to a non-Big 12 game.

So I was curious if you guys would be willing to give some advice on how to have the best game day experience possible. The best tailgating spots, places to go, where to go out after the game etc... Me and all my friends love football, drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, being as loud as possible at games, and having a good time. So hopefully we'll fit in okay.

Appreciate anything you guys can give me. Best of luck this year!

1 person likes this.
  2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

well, i'm sure others will chime in with specifics, but IMO it's impossible NOT to have fun on a Saturday night in Baton Rouge during football season. :thumb:

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

what is this "tailgating" thing you speak of??? :confused:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

my advice would be to wear your orange and black and just roam campus. people may give you some good natured ribbing, but if you take it in stride and with a laugh, you will have more food and drink than you can handle. you will get to experience tailgating lsu style and not have to worry about setting up your own. the fans at lsu love to showoff their tailgating skills and welcome rival fans in all the time.

as a fellow okie, i invite you to stop by team katt while on your rounds. we are in front of the union on the parade grounds. (my parents both graduated from osu and i was raised to hate crimson and cream.) pm me if you need more specifics.

make sure you get down by the stadium in time to see the band come down the hill. its hard to describe but one of those things to be experienced, imo. im not sure what time it will be, if their schedule has changed, but im sure someone else can give specifics.

have fun and enjoy your lsu and sec expenience!

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

That answer will differ with opinion. My advice to you is to show up on campus and walk around a bit. The closer you are to the stadium, the thicker the tailgating gets.

As Okie mentioned, the parade grounds is a good place to start as there are many tailgates set up in that area. The LSU Union is right there also, which is a good central meeting place, giftshop, restrooms, etc... And the TeamKATT tailgate spot is just a few steps away.

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Baton Rouge news, sports and entertainment on 2theadvocate.com

this is a link to our BR paper and it will always give you great Tiger info

around 4 pm on game day be on the North end of Tiger Stadium - Tiger Walk and the Band - it's great -

My new hang-out on gameday is Walk-ons and it's about as close to the stadium as you can get - Southside

You can't go wrong on game day in Tiger Town!!!

7. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Not meaning to hijack the thread, I just have a question myself.

It really seems like it's a great idea to be on campus all day. What if, however, I'm interested in a game that's only available on the internet? Is there a bar on or near campus that has an extensive cable package that carries most of or all college football games?

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

make sure you visit Mike The Tiger's cage. It's between the stadium and Pete Maravich Assembly Center.

I doubt that you need to bring food. I'd bring some beer (or whatever your drinking choice is). Many fans will feed you and give you beer if they know you are a first timer. I agree with Okie that you should wear your Okla St gear.
    Are ya'll staying in baton rouge? Are ya'll coming in fri night? If so, don't go to bourbon on friday, wait till after the game or on sunday. If ya'll visit bourbon on fri, you might not be in any condition to tailgate sat. and you don't want to miss that. You can go to bourbon any time of the year. LSU tailgating only happens 7 times per year.
    If you are planning on hitting bourbon st, i'd suggest getting a room near gonzales, la. (Home of Glenn Dorsey!)

OH! Get there early saturday! for a 7pm game, and the game you are attending is the first time WV is coming here so excitement will be almost as big as a Florida or Bama game, I'd get there well before 10am. 8 or 9 to get a good spot to park.

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Alot of people in RV's have satellite dishes.
    Walk on's is near the stadium, VooDoo is also nearby. VooDoo is on the north side of the stadium, past the track field, Walk On's is on the south side of the stadium.

10. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I must congratulate you on seeking advice from the expert locals, but I have a question for you, an honest question, just how much alcohol and fun do you like to have? Because OSUCowboys, you and your friends have choosen a great weekend to come to Louisiana for football. I must caution you, as the bank will need to be broken, credit cards smoked and plasma will need to be sold. If you are not willing to do these things, stop reading this post immediately, skip over it just don't continue.

You and your friends need to do The Double. "What is that?" you exclaim. Outside of hooking up with a Golden Girl during a night home game victory against Bama, The Double is about the most perfect thing in all of football- LSU game on Saturday and a Saints game on Sunday (the Falcons are in town).

Just remember, Geaux Tigers!