Want a good laugh? Ags think RC to LSU...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Dec 4, 2002.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

2. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

I liked the one reply which implied he has too much "class" for LSU and its fans. Correct me if I'm wrong,but didn't he have some sort of extra-marital affair (ala Mike Dubose) a few years back? texas a&m is easily my LEAST favorite division 1 school and athletic program and it's a stated fact that only around 1/3rd of their cadet corps even JOIN the military.I guess they'd rather do more manly things like pulling women's hair or drawing their sabres on unarmed people(as they did at gomer pyle field to Texas fans in 1995).And these pompous jerks wonder why people from rival schools get annoyed when aggies stick around opposing schools and do their "yells" after (Texas Tech) games. Any aggie fans who come upon this may want to start taking the hint to leave all that yell stuff for HOME games only.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

After A&M lost to Nebraska (think it was Nebraska) at home this year, a couple of Nebraska fans made it onto Kyle field to celebrate with their team. From what I heard, they were violently apprehended by A&M students (not law enforcement) and removed from the field. At first I thought the Nebraska fans probably deserved this for running on the field. Then I started hearing explanations from Aggies about how the field is "dedicated" to all the men who died in WWII and only the teams, coaching staff, trainers, referees, etc. invited for "that particular day" are allowed to set foot on Kyle field. More than one Aggie stated that any unauthorized individual is basically trampling on the graves of our WWII veterans.

Of course, I have the utmost respect for the WWII generation and they are the reason we live as we do now (greatest generation ever). However, I guess someone should have told me when I was 11 years old playing football with other kids on Kyle Field after A&M defeated LSU (88 or 89) the error of my ways. Maybe because the Aggies won that day they "overlooked" their strict policy regarding Kyle Field.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Is it me or am I???

Nuts or do those guys over there think that we are below them? Wow they act like the Tigers havent kicked there butts for the last 100 years ( 90's just sucked ).

LSU is on their minds because when we were looking for a Coach to take Hallman's place RC was on the Rumor mill and we went with Dinardo. RC did coach High School football in Louisiana so their is a connection there.

Saban has a son in High school maybe Jr High and a Daughter in it looks like 6th maybe 8th grade and he will not uproot them for the NFL at this time.

5. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

correct me if I am wrong.....

but didn't Coach Saban say at one time or another that he wouldn't move till his kids were out of school (by school I mean at least high school). and didnt he say he and his wife were very happy in Louisiana, and that he loved the whole Louisiana Atmosphere or something like that....I might be wrong but I don't think he will take his children and move them to a NFL city....I think he will let his kids grow up with their current friends at least till they are out of school

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Tigerlifer3 he did say all those things. Sometimes if you are getting paid its not about more money its about family and being happy.

LSU make me Happy

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The coaches job is to say anything that makes it look like he is staying put. Meanwhile his agent is constantly shopping him for any opportunity that is out there, because that's his job.

Saban is getting top dollar, he won the SEC in his 2nd year, he has a winning program, is recruiting fantastically, is under no job pressure, and his family is happy here. If this ain't a dream job, what is?

Of course some day circumstances might change. Saban's contract allows him to bolt immediately with a buyout of $0. When he decides to leave, he's gone. But I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

I can see him sticking here for 6 or 7 years and building a Spurrier-like program with a legitimate shot at a National Championship. Then, with his kids out of school, Nick might go to the NFL for 3 to 5 million dollars to end his career.

Ain't it great that Franchione's rumors have essentially drowned out the annual "Saban is going to ther NFL" stories.