Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Washington replaces Sarkisian with Chris Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BRETT, Dec 6, 2013.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Washington Expected To Hire Petersen

Boise State coach Chris Petersen is expected to be named head coach of the Washington Huskies on Friday, sources have told ESPN.

Petersen will be one of the highest paid coaches in the Pac-12 with the deal, according to a source.

Petersen, who has turned down other job offers, is ready for a new challenge, the source said.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

Dang... Didn't see that one coming.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

really surprised he took the job, but its in the same region of the country, i know he has medical issues with one of his children and they like the doctor.
  4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

From Idaho to Washington? Who wouldn't do that?
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member Staff Member

Yeah this is a bit off. He has turned down "sexier" jobs than U dub. Smart move though. The string of extraordinary talent he had has dried up and reality has set in in Boise. Perfect time to jump ship. Now we find out if he can coach.
    StaceyO and furduknfish like this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Everything I've heard fits with what Mastermind said. One of his kids supposedly requires some sort of speclialized care, and the doctor is in that region of the country. Perfectly understandable.
    He may very well go the path of The Hawkins.
    StaceyO and shane0911 like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Hawk fell fast after leaving Boise, not even in coaching anymore. I love the uscw move, also like this one.
  8. Contained Chaos

"It's Division I football!!!"

"Go play intramurals, brother!"

I was in Denver right after the Buffs made the hire, and there were billboards all over welcoming him. What a disaster that turned out to be.
    cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

His son has been doing well the last several years. It's my opinion that Washington is a better fit as Petersen sees this—turning down opportunities at USC and UCLA makes me believe he's not a fan of LA.
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. Contained Chaos

I wonder if his eyes are all fucked-up from staring at that hideous blue turf for so many years.

Speaking of, here's to hoping that this program goes into the shitter so we won't be subjected to that nonsense on TV anymore. I literally cannot watch games played on that field. What an embarrassment.