Watching the N.C. game on dvd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, Feb 22, 2004.

1. edyel

edyel edyel

for the first time since being there in the dome. I am in awe of this team! I am seeing things just now that I missed during the game. Vincent,Daniels,Spears and of course Cry-Baby Stoops. I'm yelling and screaming like I did at the game and I still have the 4th quarter to go. This team is gonna be scary next year! Thank you Coach and to all the juniors who could have gone pro but decided to stay and help contend for another National Title. Thanks also to P.B. who put together a great dvd. :geaux: :lsug:

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Can't believe you waited this long to watch a replay of the game, I've watched it a 100 times I bet.

3. edyel

edyel edyel

1st chance I've had. They didn't show the replays up here. No LSU coverage here at ALL. But that is going to change soon!

4. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Did you hear at the end of the game that Jim Hawthorne pronounced LSU the 2004 National champions. That's right up there with Jack Hunt catching the Bluegrass miracle. You would think he would have had an index card or something with a good ending like some of the famous sports calls. Do you think that LSU will edit it on the audio archives?

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

OK, OK, Jim blew the Jack Hunt call...

...but, I'd like to think that he was just a year premature with the other...

...and he JUST FORGOT that we were the 2003 champs, as well...

6. tigger1

tigger1 Founding Member

The game

I watched the Sugar Bowl for the first time on DVD yesterday (my family and I were there in person).
    First it dosen't show how many times Bob was on the field and how far from the side lines in was at times, on one play he was down on the 18-20 yard line 10-12 yards on the field. It also doesn't show how long he talk with the refs.
    Second; I was up high in the dome and you could see the OU coverage well, in the first 3 quarters had LSU wanted to pass more they were open all the time. OU was giving the down and out and the slant pass(down and in). In the 4th quarter OU changed its coverage closer to the line to cover off the line.
    Third; LSU after losing both O. Miller and Pittman was hurting on the dl in the 4th quarter.
    On the penalty on the fg, its hard to see.
    On the fake fg had Jones cut left it may have been a td, looked that way in person and on the dvd.
    J. A. none catch was big, had that been called a catch and fumble OU may have scored.
    Also big was Matt's being tackle by that tuff, had he made the first, OU would not have got the ball back.
    On the last series LSU that ball, the refs put the ball in play way to fast, less than 2 seconds twice.
    The refs on a hole did a good job. OU got way to much press, the OU team was good but many of their AA should not have been AA's. White wasn't hurt as much as ABC made out, he looked more confused in person than the DVD makes out. He had never seen a defense all year like LSU's and had never seen dl drop in coverage.

7. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

Also, check out one of the replays of the fake field goal. The OU defender looked like he laid out the holder (Bech), long after he threw the ball to Jones. Should have been roughing the passer and would have given us a first down. It's right on the far right edge of the screen. Actually knocks him off camera. Make sure you watch the replay as you can't see it on the live play as they were using the end zone camera.

8. cajdav1

I was screaming at Jones first for running out of bounds and not trying to score (I think he forgot it was 4th and goal) and then I started yelling about the roughing call on the replay. Man I was pissed.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have watched the replay 3 times...and for whatever reason I never really thought about that being a roughing penalty....I guess I was so caught up with the beauty of the play, and how very close it came to being a TD....but you nailed it right on the head, that should have been a roughing call. For those who attented the game, did Bech get pushed to the ground? I can't remember seeing that in the replay but that may be because it was off the screen.

The only question is does the roughing the QB penalty apply the same way to a placeholder? Maybe someone who knows the college football rules really wel can answer that.

10. cajdav1

"roughing" is a personal foul, an automatic first down.