We are in perfect position....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIlGsEuRS, Oct 19, 2007.

1. TIlGsEuRS

TIlGsEuRS Founding Member

if we take care of business and win the rest of our games, which is easier said then done. I don't see any reason why LSU shouldn't be number 1 or 2 by seasons end with a W in the SECCG, even if OSU and BC don't lose. Our strength of schedule blows OSU's and BC's SOS out of the water. We will have played 8 teams who have been ranked in the top 25, 4 of which in the top 10 (including SECCG). Thats 13 games played and more then half against teams who are ranked or have been ranked. I want to hear everyones thoughts.

2. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

dito???

3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

4. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

The BCS is now what matters. If we win and win decidenly saturday against Auburn... with USF losing tonight... we'll be #1 or #2 since the sports writers still love us. We'll have played 8 teams 5 of which are ranked and 1 of those remaining defeating a ranked oppenent. It's good to be a LSU fan. Geaux Tigers!!! :crystal:

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Wait a second here. I thought the AP poll didn't mean anything... :wink:

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I don't know why everyone else is jumping ship, but I for one still believe the AP poll to be irrelevant. If it doesn't count in the BCS, it might as well be the Golf Digest poll.

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Could be another wild weekend. Can't wait to see the updated Bowl Projections after this weekend, especially if OSU loses. Here come the Hokies and a whole bunch of other 1 loss teams.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Agree, the only thing it affects is that little number next to our name on TV. Although, I have to admit, that matters to me a little.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Even the media is starting to realize the AP poll is now irrelevant, though they won't come out and admit it.

ESPN used the BCS rankings last night on their crawl line during the game. I don't recall them doing that in past years.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

They made a point about it a few weeks ago that they were only going to use the BCS ranking on their show from this point on. I've seen telecasts using the AP poll as well as the Coaches Poll...guess it depends on the producer.:angryfire