Weis to Florida

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by edyel, Dec 31, 2010.

1. edyel

edyel edyel

ESPN just reported C.Weis is headed to Fla. to be OC. Strange.

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

If Weiss wasn't happy in KC, Miles should have been all over it. If Muschamp can recruit Weis, he'll have a field day with high schoolers.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Why he was an utter failure at notre dame. I am not saying it's a bad hire. He may be great. But ever since he left the mothering bosom of New England he has had a big bag of nothing. Ok kc made the playoffs maybe not entirely true for the NFL

Again maybe he will be great but maybe his style doesn't work in college. I could be wrong.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

His defenses were an utter failure at Notre Dame, but his offenses with Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen did a lot. The guy is an obvious offensive mastermind going back to the New England days (Tom Brady anyone?) and look what he did with the KC offense this past year. Muschamp is building a juggernaut at Florida but we'll see how they all mesh together. He may be a jerk and may have eaten a few too many cheeseburgers, but he can recruit and he can coach up an a offense.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Florida already was a juggernaut. They had one down year this year.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

If they can get along, then we'll have a hell of an offense to contend with the next few years.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Here is what is going to be the biggest obstacle for UF. Over the past 5++ years it has been them alone at the top of the mountain with in the recruiting world of the state of Florida. With FSU, UCF, and now possibly UM all on the rise, UF won't be getting as many of the Florida top recruits.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Not sure what everybody's getting so worked up about. Yes, Weis has had some success in the NFL, but that's the NFL. Some guys/systems are suited for the pros, and some are suited for CFB. But it's not often that it works both ways. And hey, the Patriots seem to be getting a long just fine without him.

He had some moderate success for a few minutes at Notre Dame, but they never sniffed "juggernaut" status. Besides, we saw what happened when his offense challenged an elite SEC team.

He'll probably put up some decent numbers, but pardon me if he's not exactly invoking fear in my heart. Chavis shall punish him for years to come.

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

UF might have just hire the one coach with worst health problems than the coach that just retired for health reasons.

10. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy