Nope, it aint Kiffen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Dec 5, 2016.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If it comes down to a contest between Alleva & Sexton, I'll play the part of Dandy Don Meredith & start warming up.

2. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Look man the longer this drags on the more it hurts recruiting. This is not exactly instilling any confidence in guys that are on the fence over where they want to spend the next 3-4 years.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Recruiting is fine and Lane's and Saban's agent are doing what he is paid to do. I warned everyone that this was going to drag out because it is beneficial to all sides. Kiffin wants his bonus from Bama if make the NC and that would be in jeopardy if LSU was announced too early, and Sexton wants all he can get on Lane's future market value. But on the other hand it could back fire and LSU knows that in terms of hiring an OC and has covered their bases. Jobs like Houston and FAU, etc... aren't anything to worry about.

geaux9, MikeInLa, Rouxleaux and 3 others like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'd think having an OC in place would be better than not. I also wonder if Saban is ready to move on (which many posit), why should we be jumping on board his leavings?

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Kiffin has taken 3 very different QBs and molded then into winners. Blake Sims had been more like Brandon Harris than anything. Jake Coker had shown little.
    I'd hardly call that Saben's leavings

Rouxleaux likes this.
  6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am not all in on Kiffin but I do feel he is the best OC on the market on the field. Most of the recruits and players are more in the know on what is going on than most. It isn't like we paused recruiting and actually a big uptick has happened over the last couple of weeks and that isn't random. O knows what he is doing in this area and have little concern.

If it was my decision I wouldn't announce a replacement until it had the biggest impact media coverage wise. Maybe the days leading up to the playoffs or even better during the playoffs. Not saying this is possible but would be ideal in my eyes. I am actually impressed at how well LSU is handling this situation compared to the HC search based on what I am hearing. Rushing just for the sake of rushing and worried about getting played was a bad philospohy last time around.

Brian, kcal, Winston1 and 9 others like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

8. lsu-i-like

I'm not all in on Kiffin either, but I've resigned myself to that choice like I did Jimbo; a lot of people think he's something else so it would at least be seen as something of a coup (though being reportedly rejected by Florida Atlantic sterilizes that a bit). The idea of falling in love with a guy Saban is looking to unload reminds me of the way Les used to fire his guys - find them a golden parachute with some other poor program who thinks they're getting a deal. A little disturbing.

Getting another program's highly regarded OC (we could double the salary of most any OC currently) ASAP could make waves and bring a calming affect to the program (recruits and fans), but maybe max media impact could be had later. If Eaux is premeditating a massive blow to Saban off the field, that would be impressive. No mercy and play to win is fine with me.

Somewhat related, I thought it was interesting that Lacouture was interviewed yesterday evening, broadcast as forgoing his senior year, only to break the news live that he was actually considering coming back. That would be great for the program and Lacouture and was played well, though I suspect it was orchestrated. If so, well done Coach P.

Thanks for the feedback, you make me feel a bit better about the whole scenario. Intently scouring the web for updates until then - my lil heart could barely take Les and now Eaux is fiddling with my heart strings.

Brian likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

Herman to Texas. Killed that one. ;););)

shane0911 likes this.
  10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I agree it doesn't help recruiting but I think that getting Kiffin would be more beneficial to our team than the potential difference in recruiting outcomes in this year alone.