Nope, it aint Kiffen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Dec 5, 2016.

1. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

This feels like the worm sexton trying to get more for his client. Doing his job yea but it sounds like all the other options are drying up and now he's just pulling things out of his ass. Essentially saying ok LSU or gumps the price for me isn't right yet.

3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Take the personality out of the picture the major negative I see with kiffin is the likely hood that we would only hold on to him for a year or 2 until he jumps ship for another opportunity. I would love stability but I think you are correct that he is the best on the market at the moment. Also sticking it to the gumps always makes me smile.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If nothing else Kiffin could come in and teach the offense what a forward pass is while coaching up the QBs. In a year or two the next guy takes over a much more developed and balanced offense. Other than the fact that he is a douche, I see no negative in hiring Kiffin no matter how long he stays.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't care about longevity, that's why we have Eaux; if coordinators are leaving that means they are succeeding. Don't like Kiffen cos of the off-field stuff, but I'm just going to have to trust Eaux on this.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think LSU fans will be excited if Kiffin is hired. Lane is pretty well established unless I'm missing something and you are talking about someone else. By the way welcome to the board.

GiantDuckFan and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

A forward what now?

TwistedTiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Brian, Rouxleaux, TheRealist and 4 others like this.
  9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

My first choice for OC is Pitt's Matt Canada which is probably why we'll never see him at LSU. I'm not opposed to Kiffin but bringing him to Baton Rouge does give me some anxiety.

Kiffin makes me nervous but not because of his coaching ability. I think he is one of, it not the best, play caller in college football. I would love to have his talent sitting in the LSU OC chair. I'm also not worried about him leaving in a year. After three years running Bama's offense, making QBs All-SEC caliber in one year, and winning a National Championship, he still couldn't land a job this year. I doubt one year at LSU is going to get him over that hump. Sure, he'll be under consideration for HC jobs every year but it doesn't mean he'll get hired. And after the skull numbing offense we've subjected to for years, I'd take Kiffin's offense for even one year.

My concern is that LSU football program would turn into a frat house atmosphere. I'm concerned that LSU will begin to recruit athletes with major character flaws and use questionable recruiting tactics to do it, ie Janzen Jackson. Maybe with O in charge instead of Kiffin it will be different. I hope so. But I'd be more than willing to give the Kiffin experiment a go.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ