Wells tells Stanley to stick it

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jun 23, 2006.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Red, you just pegged this agenda driven goober. Nice!:thumb:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:thumb:

Damn!

3. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Emmert was a good transition guy, but certainly not a long term quality chancellor/president as his predecessor William Jenkins.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Explain.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Arrow to the heart. That's gotta sting!

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Why do we have to have a former Tiger run the program???? 'Bama went through how many of it's alum before finding someone that keeps them satisfied (Shula)???

You don't always need a family member to run the store....

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I agree! I said early on that I would like to see them think outside of the box (no pun intended) with the coaching search. Right now it is looking promising to me.

8. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

Here! Here!! How old is LSU alumnus anyway? Does he not remember the problems LSU has had over the years? Emmert was trying to increase the education level of incoming students which hurt the enrollment rate.
    In this day and age, we need a strong Athletic program to help lure and keep the best students and I dont mean the top 5 percent. The average to above average students are the ones who make society go around. They make above average incomes, spend alot of money(which helps the economy) and make up a hell of a lot more students and thus a larger part of the LA economy in the future. The students prefer to go to a school that is going to provide an exciting student life. You know the kind--Partys, Sports, contacts and an education that will open doors when you graduate.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I didn't say there were only 2. But there has to be 2 with more of pedigree than Pawlowski don't you agree?

Us not getting Bianco or Wells is not the end of the world.....it is a larger symptom of a problem here with this athletic dept. and it's hiring capabilities.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think that would mean we would be hiring someone with a million unanswered questions. Can he scout & recruit, can he run a program, can he actually coach the team up, etc. Minor league coaches are 95% about developing players, not building winning programs. I would think they would make great assitants though, if they can scout & recruit.