what a difference a game makes!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by alumni95, Feb 4, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

tonight vs Tenn the outside showed a pulse:

Mitchell 22pts
    Hudson 17pts

they combined 10/14 (71%) from 3-land!! wow!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Just remember what you said...A game...

Singular...

3. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

yeah, b/c if it was up to TE, he'd prefer LSU to lose its next 20 basketball games so he can prove everyone wrong and say yeah Brady is a bad coach and I told everyone

now, we can hire a real coach like i've been telling emmert to do since day 1

4. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

TigerEducated, what is your defination of a real coach? And no anybody but Brady is not an answer. Last time I checked we are 2nd in the Western Division of the SEC. Oh, and yes we have a better record than mighty Florida. They are 4-4 in the SEC and 13-6 overall. We on the other hand are 5-3 in the SEC and 15-4 overall

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

LSUstudent, you are putting words in my mouth...or more aptly, you're typing words and attributing them to my keyboard.

LSUstudent, you ever heard what they say happens when you ASSUME things, junior?

You make an ASS out of U and ME!

I want the BEST for LSU...Yet another person who can't separate the PROGRAM from the COACH...

All here agree that even had Saban left this past year, he would have left a great program in place, and a situation much better off than when he left it...

No one would discontinue being a fan because Saban left...

No one will discontinue being a fan if Brady left...

What I'm trying to say is that I can be a fan of the LSU Basketball team, the LSU Basketball PLAYERS, the LSU Basketball PROGRAM, while not being a fan of the HEAD COACH...

I sure do apologize you look through life down the barrell of a straw, but I see things in a more ancillary light...I apologize for your lack of peripheral vision...because the view that I see isn't exactly the same P&G colored one you see...

I see a program that CONTINUALLY faceplants in the beginning of the conference schedule, and NEVER gets fan support, because of the same reason: They schedule creampuffs in the early season.

They get fat and lazy on the schedule, then get smashed and do sub-par early on. They have to go into "crisis mode" each and every year, and then they have to make some tooth and nail run to a measley NCAA "bubble" bid. We have to win a tournament game so the "Selection Committee" will see that we have at least 9 conference wins and a .500 or better conference record.

In other words, we struggle for MEDIOCRITY!

That's not the program, that's not our history, it's not our past, and it shouldn't be our present, nor should it be our future...

We have rewarded this man for NIT bids, for NCAA first round punk-outs, etc...

When are we going to issue an ultimatum so that we won't have to settle for mediocrity anymore? When will we not have to point to our combined record over two years to try to piece together some shred of dignity when it comes to how we measure up to conference foes?

Gimme a break...

It's the COACH, not the team...and I NEVER root against LSU, nor have I EVER!

6. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

you're right... "a game". and I specifically meant that, "one singular game".

but it was great, and I am happy. gotta start somewhere. Hudson definitely needed a boost to his confidence. if he catches fire he could be a big time weapon.

7. OklahomaTiger

OklahomaTiger Founding Member

Did Brady crap in your cheerios?

It's obvious you have a personal vendetta against him. Did you really expect us to reach the tournament in 2001 and 2002? Get real. I admit, the creampuff scheduling needs to go, but at the same time, a young team needs lots of experience winning so that they'll be more confident when SEC play begins. The three conference losses were all respectable ones. MSU is a top 10 team. USC is a top 20 team and we still almost won. We should have beat Ole Miss, but Hud and Whipple just weren't hitting the shots, and even Lloreda and Bass missed some gimme layups.

How can you analyze the team so well when you haven't even seen one game this year? How many have you watched on TV? Do you work from 12-9 on Saturdays, too, because LSU has had some games then at the PMAC. Or would you rather not support LSU, contrary to what you said, and try to spite the team since you don't like Brady.

And I think Brady has done a better job with what he's had in 6 1/2 seasons than what Dale Brown did from 1988-1996. Sure, Dale had his little run from 1981 to 1987, but that was it. Dale Brown did a nice job losing in the second round in 1990 with Jackson, O'neal and Roberts. And he did an excellent job winning a whole 2 NCAA tournament games during that span while finishing his career with 4 straight losing seasons and sending the program into probation. Is that what you want to return to?

Now run along and continue complaining about the offense while we go on a nice winning streak.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Lets just hope this lasts for more than 1 game.:D

We've had our share of bad %'s maybe its time to even out.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I am not in favor of firing Brady as I think he should get 2 years after probation to prove himself and to take this program higher, much higher. if it stays as it is we need to get a new coach. if he brings us deep into the tourney he needs an extension.

bashers can be bad but so can the supporters, why do the supporters always bring up the worse times, like whoever we would hire will be as bad as Dale was at the end of his career and then cheat.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i guess im a brady supporter, but im still a bit worried about this team and the direction of the program under brady.

but NOW the team has an acceptable record and whipple is getting a lot of playing time. there's no way whipple should get so much pt on a sec team. but thats our personnel and i think brady is doing a fine job with what he has. just pray he can get more players to come here.