What Are Your Concerns?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Mar 26, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

With this election season raging on, what are you main concerns and issues that you are more likely to support a candidate on?

Economy?
    War?
    HealthCare?
    Enviroment?
    Social Issues (Choice, Civil Rights, Schools, Stem Cell Research, Racism, Same-Sex Marriage, Taxes, and Social Programs)

I just want to see where peoples heads are at coming into this fall election

My main concern as I have gotten older, has been the economy, although i believe in being self-sufficient, the global economy effects us all, as the dollar is failing and our money is worthless, with inflation and against world rates.
    Other issues in order, healthcare, the war, and social issues, which I think isnt the governments business in most cases. I am for social programs that are obiviously needed and I am for an overhaul of our education system because we are falling behind.

Your thoughts

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The problem is lack of parental involvement and weak kneed administrators. The Guv'mint can't fix that.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

Since the "Guv'mint" cant fix that I know what the parents should be doing, but what should the admins be doing for this problem?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. Foreign policy
    2. Fiscal responsibility
    3. Military policy
    4. The economy
    5. The environment
    6. domestic policy

I do not elect a president on social issues. That is the job of the Congress and the State legislatures.

1 person likes this.
  5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

For one, having the stones to discipline the punks who try and run the school, up to and including expulsion. This is the principals on up. When it gets to the Board level, they should quit trying to curry votes and uphold whatever discipline the lower echelon supervisors are trying to mete out. The parents that bitch about discipline are the ones at the center of the problem. Their precious delinquents can do no wrong. Teach the kids who want to learn and sent the rest to boot camp.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

Well said! I agree with this.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You couldn't be more RIGHT about this, SF. For a long time, I've wanted to develop, then sell, a program to empower administrators to self-select up to 5% of their students to send to an alternate school off campus.

Our district HAS one of these, but it is 1) always over-crowded, so they 2) make it extremely hard to get there (the offenses are criminal that get kids there) and 3) they send the kids back to their "home" campus.

I would advocate that self-selection by a committee on campus should occur, and the student can be educated on a new, very TOUGH campus for the duration.

This, of course, will just never fly. However, I've always felt that there are the same 5% of students who perpetually cause trouble on a campus. Those of you who are not teachers would be amazed by the dynamic change that occurs when just one disruptive student is absent for a day from school. One bad apple can really ruin an entire class.

But Mastermind, the government cannot fix education. When they intervene, they just make things worse. NCLB comes immediately to mind.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

1) My Money
    2) Right to bear arms
    3) Progess of US world dominance
    4) Environment

#1) includes the weakening of the US dollar. Interest rates are overplayed as an economic tool.

#2) more broadly, how a candidate views indiviual freedom. It does not take a village. It takes a competent, responsible, person.

#3) Finish the takeover of IRAQ as a US puppet state, and defacto ownership of their oilfields, and expand on. The rest should be easier. The first is always the hardest.

#4) Sensible environmental stewardship. Real science as opposed to the quacks and freaks, who hurt and otherwise noble issue.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I never said the guvmint could fix it, i was against NCLB, I said we the people need to overhaul the school system.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

yep