What Buildings on Campus Would You Like to See Torn Down

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by DeathValley, Mar 9, 2004.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

In no particular order:
    1.Lockett
    2.Kirby Smith
    3.Middelton Library

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Lockett, Middleton, and the butthole of Campus known as Teureud.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I like Turead. It's one of the few fully modern buildings on the whole dang campus.

Middleton must go. It should never have been built. It ruined our unique cross-shaped commons ground and it's ugly to boot. Now, I don't know where in the world we could put a new library, but we've got to get rid of Middleton.

Lockett's ugly too and should be eliminated. Also, tear down the old Bio-Sciences building and expand the new part for a uniform facade. We should also tear down Highland Dining Unit and all the buildings on the west side of Raphael Semmes between Highland Rd. and E. Campus Drive and completely redesign and re-utilize that area as well, perhaps a new dining unit facing the street, a park, and a parking garage area (with a nice facade, or course).

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Good news guys, Lockett will be torn down as part of the campus masterplan. This is what the proposed area around Lockett will look like.
    [​IMG]

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

The PMAC if we don't hurry up and fix her up.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Buildings to be removed include all of the Nicholson Apts., South Graham, the Edward Gay Apts., Lockett, the Nuclear Science Building, Electrical Engineering Building, Dalrymple Building, Vet Science Poultry Building, Louisiana Business and Tech. Center, Chem. Eng. Building, Louisiana Transp. Research Center, Cotton Disease Lab, Soil and Water Res. Building, Cotton Fiber Lab, Animal Industries Residence, Coop. Extension Storage, Livestock Exhibit Building, 4H Minifarm, Ag. Chem Building, Highland Util. Center, Facility Services Grounds Building, Motor Pool, Ag. Eng. Shop, Ag. Metal Building, Doran Ag-Eng. Building, Old Forestry Building, Food Services Building, Fac. Services Warehouses, Fac. Services Building, Carpenter Shop, Office Supply Building, Copy and Mail Center, Sea Grant Building, Old Coastal Studies Building, Wetlands Resource Building, Military Science Building, Sea Grant Storage, McVoy Hall, Blake Hall, Herget Hall, Miller Hall, Hort. Foreman Residence, Greenhouse Mngr. Residence, Intl. Learning Center, a couple of Frat houses, Highland Dining Unit, African American Center, Civil War Center, and Women Center, LSU Honors Center. I think I got most of it. Some of these places are being moved to permanent new homes, others like coastal studies already have brand new homes. New buildings will also be built in the location of many of these, but they will look like original buildings on campus in their design with the Italian Renaissance theme.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

But no plans to get rid of Middleton. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

8. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I would like to see Himes go, or at least fill the basement with some kind of deadly material, so i don't have to go to my foreign language classes........just leave Tiger Stadium.........and ECA, because i need somewhere to live.

9. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

Speaking of Lockett, there is (or was) a feature there that a friend of mine and I laugh about all the time. There is a water fountain there (can't remember what floor) that stands so high that a person would have to be at least six feet tall to drink out of it. I was at LSU from 1984-1988 so I don't know if it's still there. I used to think who the hell decided to mount this thing so high that the average person can't reach it. Have any of you seen or remember it?

10. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Mabey the water fountain was put in just for Shaq :D