What do you think about Auburn loss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 29, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I did not think that the back door to the Fiesta was ever a realistic possibility but I actually thought losing to Auburn was. I also thought that with the QB situation as it is that running the table would be great but would be very difficult to do. Now that we have loss to Auburn we have 2 weeks to prepare for UK who I believe we will handle pretty easily. I really think COACH SABAN will use his great skills as a HEAD COACH and do his magic as he did last year I think that losing to Auburn the team will refocus and run the table. I do not think losing to Auburn in no way was good but SABAN works his best magic when adversity comes around.

I would like everyone to jump in and put your two cents in on this subect.

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

do you really want . .

EVERYONE'S two cents?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont want to talk about Auburn, it is done.

Let focus on keeping our lead in the west.

Geaux Tigers

4. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Exactly, texas. Let's focus on Kentucky, our next opponent. In the meantime, we might want to enjoy a week of no LSU football. After the last few weeks -- UF, USC, Auburn -- I think we all need a break.

5. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Normally I'm not a fan of open dates during the "meat" of the schedule, but I think, for this year at least, it is just the thing the Tigers need. I think if we had to go out and play KY right now, there would be too much emotion and not enough good, smart, x's and o's....fundamental football. Saban and staff will use this time off to wipe the AU game from their minds and re-focus it back to where it belongs. We are still the SEC West front runners, we still control where we go. The SEC Championship was and is still the primary goal of this team. NC talk was just that, talk. I admit, I allowed myself to get caught up in it too, but reality set in after the VT game, not last week. The only difference now is that we no longer have room for a mistake. We had our one letdown, and we can afford no more. Every game from here on out promises to be a hard fought, close won contest, and every team on the sked has the ability to do what AU did.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

ITS A QUESTION ABOUT THE REST OF THE SEASON

The question is about the rest of the season. Sure Chuck go ahead but LSU would have to lose 3 times for Auburn to get in because that is how many losses Auburn will have in the end if not more.

Bama and UGA

TUBBY NO BETTER THAN DINARDO

7. geauxtailgate

geauxtailgate Freshman

I think Saban will make sure that the team learns from this loss....

The bye week could not come at a better time for this team. Injuries and off the field distractions certainly affected these young men preparing for Auburn.

I'm confident that we will use that game as motivation to practice hard and stay focused on the upcoming game. Kentucky is no pushover and always seems to play tough against us.

We desperately need a vocal leader on offense. Hopefully we will find one in the next week and a half.

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Here is the way I see the West

as a whole . .

IF . .any of the four contending teams wins out . . (LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas) they will go to the SEC CG. Obviously and OM or Arky win out both effect LSU (and OM effects Auburn) . but I'm not sure any of these four teams are good enough to do it . Throw in Alabama games for LSU and Auburn and it really gets interesting.

I think Ole Miss has 2-3 SEC losses left in them, I expect them to lose to Auburn, LSU, and you heard it here first . . MSU . .I'm baseing this last loss on the fact that the team you expect to win the Egg Bowl never does . . so that eliminates them

Arkansas has the easiest road with USC, MSU, and LSU left as SEC games . .the USC vs. Arky game will be decided on whoever shows up for each team . .but I could see it go either way . . they should beat MSU, and I think LSU is a toss up. LSU vs. Arkansas is also a game where its always a surprise who wins. With loses already to UT, UK, and UA . . one more loss puts them out . . but even if they win out, they are not mathmatically ensure the title.

LSU also the toughest road with UK, UA, OM and Arky. 4 tough games with no rest after this week. I think the games they will struggle with are UK, UA, and Arky . . Uk has a pretty strong defense, and it will be interseting to see if LSU can score with them (I admittely am happy Auburn doesn't have to play UK). I also will be interested to see which Randal is the true Marcus Randal . .the USC or the AU version . . if its the AU version, I think a loss to UA is immanent . .just b/c their d will be able to stop a one diminesional running attack. If its the USC version, LSU could win out . .but even then, I still think they'll lose one.

Auburn also has a tough road with OM, UGA, and UA left. .I think we should beat Ole Miss, and I just struggle ever thinking we are going to lose to UGA. With injuries to M. Smith, D. Gary, F. Gibson, to name a few, Auburn could be facing UGA at the right time. Love TT or hate him, he has UGA's number . .I just hope he delivers this year. Alabama is a toss up . . but they have looked better than Auburn on paper this year.

That being said, I think the SEC West ends up in this order:

1) LSU or Auburn (with the lean to LSU)
    2) Auburn or LSU
    3) Arkansas
    4) Ole Miss
    5) MSU
    6) Alabama *not eligable for post-season play

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

UGA put up 52 on that "pretty good defense". Chuck, you have a game against Ole Miss coming up. Go home.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

if you

score with UK early (Florida, UGA), I think they struggle keeping up the defensive pressure . .however, the problem lies in scoring with them early . . (Arkansas)

btw . .thanks for the note about the Ole Miss game . .completely forgot about that . . must still be in a haze over this weekend.