What Happened to Webster This Year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Obi-Wan Tiger, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

I know he was named all-SEC and all that, but it seemed like a reflection of his reputation from last year. He just didn't look like the same player to me. Seemed like he was beaten many times and his tackling was horrible. Yesterday, he was beaten for the 1st TD, and on one play, I believe it was Iowa's rushing TD, he flat out moved away from the runner and allowed himself to get taken out.

Do any of you think his (and Travis Daniels) stellar season last year was more a function of our phenomenal pass rush? Although our defense was quite good this year, the pass rush seemed to fallen off a bit. We would get pressure, but nowhere near the caliber of last season.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I do believe the apparent drop off in corner play was due to the less effective pass rush from the line, as you suggest.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Corey still had a good year by most standards - just not as good of a year as we hoped for or as good as last year.

This whole team, minus a few select players, even though young seemed to play with less passion and desire than a top 10 team would and i think it came back to bite us in the a$$.

Corey will still be a solid draft pick and do very well in the NFL, but a big year from him in his senior season would have sent his draft stock soaring and its a shame he's had this bit of a drop off.