What if 4 team playoff was this year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Dec 2, 2013.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

All it really means is that championship game team had a tiebreaker. Championship team gets the opportunity to boost themselves but also risks falling. Non championship game team stands pat and actually is hurt if the team they lost to loses. If their rating is still high enough to be a nc contender, they must have had a hell of a season.

Still, I'm all for restricting access to playoffs, only 1 team per conference ideally (unless 1 & 2 are in same conference), with preference to conference champs.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Wow, lots of great points back and forth here. Seems like an 8 team playoff w/an intact BCS ranking system (as it stands now w/computer and human input) in place and a panel to make the final decisions would be a good set up. I'm on the fence about the whole conf. champ. game. Seems like you play your season, let the rankings fall where they may, then pick 8 teams to make up 4 major rotating bowls/playoffs w/winners advancing to another 2 major rotating bowls/playoffs, then winners advance to final rotating bowl/NCG. Conf. CGs seem unnecessary to me in this system, and can hurt/help teams playing, and teams still sitting at home. Just do away w/them in a playoff system.

3. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Dennis Dodd with CBS says Bama would in in a 4 team playoff. He posted thi article at 11:00 AM today, Tuesday Dec 3

4. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

5. dudley

dudley oops!

A conference that has been in existence since before WW II and still can't figure out a fair and equitable way to determine it's champion is an epic fail and needs new leadership at the top. Alabama had it's schedule engineered to win the SEC West and on to bigger things and even that failed. Why should they be given a bye to the Top 4?

Oh, I forgot. Some slick headed sports writer thinks they should be.

ehusson80 and lsudolemite like this.
  6. msully

msully Founding Member

you are right , that was why the 1 sec was put back on the clock for Saban's team , but it backfired ,

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I believe we will end up with 8 teams on the second contract, after end have even more controversy with 4 teams making it; especially if the sec ends up with 2 teams in the CG a few times.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Everyone knows the SECCG loser is generally screwed.

islstl and cajdav1 like this.
  9. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

How about you have to at least win your division?