What If Miles had gone to UM

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Just thinking about something while watching the Little 12 Championship.....HAD Miles left for UM do you think LSU would have went out of the way to try and get BO to stay and be the Head Coach here instead of Nebraska???

It would be scary to think about what our defense would have been the past 2 years if he was....

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The problem with not being in the SECCG is that it makes everyone jealous of those that are in it.

Just about every other thread today has been what ifs. You need to learn how to deal with what is.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The fact is at then end of his tenure here the SEC schools had a great gameplan figured out against Bo. His philosophy was giving up a lot of points from midway through the championship year. So saying he would have had the LSU D looking better isnt the case. While Im not the biggest Miles backer, I dont think having him as a HC would have been the answer.

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

The killer is we might have missed the SECCG by literally inches. :tigerhead

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You mean the D that let Ark drop 50 before he left?

6. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I was just thinking about this very issue. Bo does not come across as the most smooth coach in his pressers but neither does CLM.

The two best X's and O's coaches regarding defenses is Saban and Pelini. It's good to see Bo getting his chance.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

I know how to deal with "what is" I do it in real life everyday..but this is a forum in the fantasy world of the internet..a place where "What Ifs" live and breathe, and have no weight what so ever on anything that happens past the screen!

1 person likes this.
  8. Crip*TEAM KATT

And alot of speculation on the LSU's D in that year was the fact that Bo already had his bags packed for Corn Country and did not put as much into his job here as he would have if he was staying.

9. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

Not to be too pedantic, but you're making the assumption that Miles was offered the UM job and refused that offer. In reality, Michigan's AD, Bill Martin, was not a Miles fan.

10. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I seriously don't think Barack Obama would've coached the Tigers, Katt.