What Ridley had to say ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I've been saying that it seems the team shows more vigor when Lee is in at QB .... I think the quote below pretty much sums up why. It is the team!! .. The "team" has more faith in Jarret, and as a result, the line blocks better, the RBs put out the extra effort to gain the extra six inches, the WR's run better routes and make a better effort to make the reception.

"Jarrett is our quarterback," said junior running back Stevan Ridley. "I've said it all along since the beginning of the year that I had a lot of faith in Jarrett Lee."

" + pageTitle + "

While a lot of fans were still sour on Lee at the begining of the year [not me, I"ve been an ardent Lee fan since 2008, pick 6s and all], I'm glad to see the team had faith in him.

:geaux:

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hope that comment doesn't put him in les' doghouse. JLee may be Ridley's QB, but JJ is :milesmic:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Someone should have Lee's back, good for Ridley. Les only seems to care about showing confidence in the other guy.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

There's no way Ridley gets doghoused; he's too valuable to the offense; moreover, he speaks the truth, and it is something I am sure Les is well aware of.

The major challenge for Les is how to help JJ improve: continue to name him the starter to not shake up his eggshell confidence in his passing game, or place him in a supporting role, let him regroup and focus on his passing. I would vote for the latter as the team has more confidence in Lee leading the offense.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im glad russell shepard didnt say it.

6. actuck23

actuck23 Freshman

This isn't a surprise. I noticed Saturday night that when Lee was in, the offense had a little more in its step. I thought both quarterbacks played well Saturday night but I just don't think the guys are 100% behind Jefferson. The players seem to have more confidence in Lee.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We need to transition the control over to Lee this week in what should be a cakewalk against McNeese.

I don't miind JJ even starting games, actually. But I guess it would seem odd that Lee is our main QB and doesn't start the game. So maybe even that needs to be changed.

I don't think it is as cut and dry a situation as most people think. I think Lee's psyche is still a work in progress. We need to pace ourselves with him but get him involved more than JJ overall in this offense.

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Lee showed poise under extreme pressure late in the game and showed he is ready to lead the team. His pick six problem appears to be a thing of the past.

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

**Knocks on every piece of wood in the house**

2 people like this.
  10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The most important thing right now is getting JLee the reps he needs to go into the Aurb, Bama, and Ark games with enough confidence. He also needs the playing time to get what mistakes he has in his system out before they can do us serious harm.

If anyone thinks Lee is going to finish the season with only 1 INT they're mistaken. He WILL make mistakes. He's going to get burned. He's going to make bad decisions. Every QB does.

But! We can help limit the impact of those mistakes by giving him enough reps that he can work some of them out in the gimmie game this weekend.

He's only passed the ball 36 times this year. For the amount of throws he's going to be asked to make on the back half of the year, that number is not enough. I hope Miles gives him 20 - 25 passes in the McNeese game. Even if 1 or 2 is a pick, just to get it out of his system.

On the year so far he's: 27/36. 75%. 330 yards. 9.2 yards/att. 2TD 1 INT. 164.8 QB Rating.

2 people like this.