What we should be worried about...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EliteLSU1, Dec 3, 2003.

1. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

If we beat Georgia this weekend and don't jump USC, I can live with that. Here is what I can't live with:

1) We play Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl and win.(playing FSU does us no good and proves nothing)

2) Michigan wins the Rose bowl against Texas.(which also proves nothing)

3) Oklahoma blasts USC.(proves nothing)

Get ready for this, because the handwriting is on the wall!

The final polls will probably play out like this:

1) Oklahoma
    2) Michigan
    3) LSU

If we don't get to play Oklahoma in the NCG then we at least deserve a chance to play the #4 team and not some average FSU team that goes to the BCS every year for winning in a terrible conference that doesn't deserve a BCS bid.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If LSU beats Georgia and doesn't go to the Sugar Bowl, and then goes on to beat whoever they play, I guarantee you they will finish 2nd in both AP and Coaches. All 60+ writers and coaches have LSU #3 and Michigan #4 (maybe a couple of exceptions). Michigan is too far behind to pass LSU up. It's the same logic I have been using with USC and LSU.

I do agree we should play Michigan in the Rose Bowl if we do not make it to #2 in the BCS.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

That would be truly tragic and it better not happen. :dis:

4. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

To me, the bottom line is #1 is all that counts. We haven't been given any respect all year, we shouldn't expect it at the end of the season either. I'm not saying it's right, but unfortunately it's a fact that we have to live with this season. I'm still holding out for the Sugar Bowl, and I think we still have a shot.