What would it take for Jefferson to earn your trust as the starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Wayne-15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Wayne-15

Wayne-15 Founding Member

what does he need to do against Auburn stat-wise to earn the trust of you'll that want him benched

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

230+ yards passing and at least one touchdown pass--it's been weeks.

And then I still want to see Lee and Shepard play.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

IMO, benching Jefferson is a horrible idea, barring a total regression and breakdown. I don't see any evidence of that. I do see a young QB with a lot of tools who's rough around the edges, and whose OL isn't doing him any favors. I do think he would benefit from a change of pace for a series or two by putting in Lee if he gets flustered or sacked too many times to let the game come to him. Having said that, Auburn's D is begging for Jefferson to pick it apart, and he should have a big game if the coaches don't tie his hands. We'll see what happens in 2 weeks.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I already trust JJ. I do not in any way trust that we will have a decent offensive gameplan, or make adjustments when it becomes apparent to everyone else that it ain't working.

5. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

cut loose with his passes. stop thinking so much, if he throws a pick.... sooo whatt

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Confidence like he had in that long 2nd to last drive @Georgia on EVERY play.

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I'm in agreement with this, especially when it comes to Lee and Shepard playing. Lee can contribute to this team by playing two to three series per game and making defenses respect his passing ability. Plus, I just want to see the kid get a chance to redeem himself at LSU. Shep needs 8 - 12 touches per game no matter whether he's the QB or not. And IF JJ can throw for 230+ yds in a game, I would venture to say the running game would be working as well because the opposing defense would have been burned after stacking 8 to 9 in the box. Hope it all happens week after next.:thumb: :LSU231:

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

200+ passing, no more than 2 sacks on 20+ attempts. Most importantly I need to see him hit the receivers in stride and step up in the pocket instead of collapsing into the fetal position.

As Red said.. Lee needs to see significant snaps.. as does Shepard.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

First downs. Getting the ball out of the backfield and to a receiver even if he is not WIDE open. First downs. Hitting more than two checks in a three-second span before he gives up. First downs. Keeping the ball and bulling ahead for a couple of yards on the option where his wingman is OBVIOUSLY covered. First downs.

Did I mention first downs?

I could care less how many TD's he throws if the offense is moving and scoring. If the O needs him to throw for TD's then I want to see him throw some TD's. If he can throw our way to the three and then sneak / option / handoff / whatever to get in, so be it.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Imagine if you guys had Jake Locker.

The media and really smart armchair qb's (like us) will say it's never one guy.

.... but when everything else is equal, it oft-times is.

.... sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad.