What's lurking in your stadium's food?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Dec 13, 2018.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Have you ever eaten food at Tiger Stadium, the Dome, Smoothie King Center or some other venue? They're not specifically mentioned in the video, but all stadium food, to me, is nasty. I never have nor will I ever eat any of it if I can help it and this is the biggest reason why.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25518931

Here's another link that shows the venue broken down by sport. The Dome wasn't that bad, although they did find dead bugs in a popcorn machine that was not cleaned since the previous event held there.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...iums-2018-espn-lines#!mercedes-benz-superdome

The Smoothie King Center was atrocious. I hope none of you have eaten there.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...tadiums-2018-espn-lines#!smoothie-king-center

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

More reason to tailgate at Tiger Stadium.

fanatic and Bengal B like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Typically, I think venue food is pretty disgusting as a whole. Even the places that try to break out of the typical dog and fry offerings, but good googie moogie, I have an obsession with cheap nacho's. Dunno why, but the cheaper, the better. I usually, however, prefer to pig out either tailgating or hit a decent restaurant in advance of an event. It just means more.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Best to stick with a hot dog. Just don't google how they are made and what from. If I ever went to a game in California I would be terrified to eat the sushi.

fanatic likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I used to be that same coonass about how sushi is bait. But now I will not hesitate to drop a couple hundred bucks on sushi night. I am NOT a cheap sushi date. I refuse the pre-made sushi from the store tho. I must see the fish and it being cut or no buenos. So therefore, I insist on eating at the sushi bar rather than just in any seat in the main room. I can destroy some raw fish tho, blee dat.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not knocking sushi but how fresh could the fish be at a stadium?

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly.. Just not a fan of the sushi. I've tried it a Japanese restaurant where they prep it in front of the table, but just never developed the taste for it. But, I love me some teriyaki chicken though.

COTiger and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've tried a few sushi items. Some is OK but the only one I really liked was something with crawfish in the middle surrounded by rice. I've eaten at restaurants that serve both Chinese and Japanese dishes but I would always order something Chinese, probably because I knew what it was.

I like Thai food and Vietnamese food but I've never really tried pure Japanese although I used to watch The Iron Chef.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When it comes to venue foods, I don't mind paying $4.00 for a hot dog but dammit, put the mayo, mustard and ketchup on it for me!!

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's cheap. At the Coliseum, a dog is $7, bag of chips $4, bottled water $5. Parking can cost about $100 but you can get a bacon-wrapped hot dog and gastroenteritis from a street vendor for $4.
    In Anaheim, very fresh. However, for me, baseball isn't about fancy food. Hot dog, beer, pretzel, peanuts.

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.