When this season is all said and done the Tigers will be a top 15 team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Sep 18, 2004.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Who before last season would have taken a NC one year and a top 15 ranking the next year? I would have. Last year was an incredible run. I believe when the offense becomes more productive (it will happen) we will be about a 9-3 team and a bowl day competitor. We have too many talent on offense and a good coordinator in Fisher.

Not bad to have a rebuilding year off a NC and still finish amongst the elite teams in the nation.

2. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

We'll be fine. Just need to get Skyler back for field position purposes.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

We'll be fine and I truely believe that. Look at the other top-10 programs that have lost already this season: Michigan, Florida, Florida St.... Those are the types of programs that are always sniffing around in the top 10 year-in and year-out, dispite lossing a game or two in the regular season.

The University of Texas is another example. They lose to Arkansas and Oklahoma last year, yet still finished top 10.

I think we finally have a program and coaching staff to put in the "Elite" category of college football.

No, we don't control our own destiny in terms of the SEC West title, but we needed help to get the West title in 2001 as well. We were a 8-3 team in the Sugar Bowl that year.

We'll be fine!!!!

I hate to say it, but a game like this might be exactly what our young team needed. Someone else said it, and I tend to agree with them, when they said that it was possible that our young players took things for granted--Thought that winning would come as easy as last year. Now that they've been shown that it's not easy, they'll come alive and play with more urgency.
    :geaux:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Top-10.

Major Bowl.

:geaux:

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

We'll be in a New Year's Day Bowl again.

6. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

we run the table the rest of the season, hope auburn stumbles.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

People thought the world was tumbling down last year after the UF game and yet again it seems to come crashing down on us right now.....

It's not folks

We have the best coach in the SEC and some of the best young talent in the country.