Where are all these Saints fans coming from?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by cajun_tiger, Dec 4, 2009.

1. cajun_tiger

cajun_tiger Founding Member

At the start of the semester i didn't see that many Saints fan just the normal few like always see from the prior 3 years when i was at LSU. Now all of a sudden BAM! I see just as much black and gold as i see purple and gold. I also never knew so many sorority chicks were Saints fans or football fans period.
    I myself have ever been a Saints fan (Dolphins fan) and never will be, i hope every year they do good and thats about it.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I'll be honest. Right now I am a huge Saints fan. In previous years though, I have been a huge Aints fan. Either they are playing well and I get excited watching their season or usually they screw up and I tune in for non-stop comedy on Sundays. This season is more fun to watch than the comedic seasons of years past.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Every team has bandwagon fans when they are doing well, especially as successful as the Saints have been. And then there's lots of casual fans who take more of an interest when the team is undefeated, then there are people who aren't big football fans at all, but love a good underdog story.

Our bandwagon has really strong axles, so I say let them jump on. If you have a conversation with them and mention Danny Abramowicz or Guido Merkens and get a blank stare, you know you have a bandwagon or a johnny come lately. Welcome them to the family with open arms.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Dude, I've been a Saints fan all my life and I only know of Danny Abramowicz by heresay. I'm 31. I don't know if young Saints fans will know who the hell he is...doesn't mean they are band wagon!

...and who the hell is Guido Merkens?!

Just sayin'.....:thumb:Saintslogo

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

a guy i graduated with told me that he works with 2 bandwagon fans. he asked them about Tommy Myers and they didn't know who he was.

What about Jubilee Dunbar? Anyone remember him?

6. Richdog

Guido played every position on offense except for the offensive line.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Damn son, take a Xanax. :thumb:

Danny Abramowicz was a bad ass WR I think on the original expansion team He later served as Ditka's OC.

Guido Merkens was a fan favorite back in the early 80's. As mentioned, he was an all everything player on offense.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

It's what happens. You see more folks in Saints garb, just as you seen more folks in P&G after the LSU national title games. However, not knowing who some of the older players are don't mean shiit.

9. Richdog

that's one of the things i'm good at. i can't make any money off of it...that's why i'm good at it.:angry:

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I know Danny Abramowicz only from reading about him in books. I've never seen him play, given that I am only 30. I do remember Mario Bates, though. What does that get me?