Where is Michael Ford?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geaux9, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

No so. Blue is getting playing time. He's a true freshman. Ridley, Murphy and Blue are getting playing time (or were getting playing time).

Try to find more than 3 RB's that get playing time on a regular basis.

Ridley has been absolutely "grooving" it out there. And when he's needed a breather, Blue has come in and had some nice runs and has a good yards per carry average.

Why mess with what's working???

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

working??? what is it about our offense that you think is working? Didnt Walter Peyton excel on a lack luster Bears squad??

before you go saying what is working get a look at the whole forrest and not just ONE TREE. Ridley is doing a fine job yes. Should we play Ford? I dont know... Should we change something WELL HELL YES WE NEED TO.. they will eventually stack the box on Ridley...

thank you.

JS

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The running game. Are you suggesting we should change the one thing that IS working on offense?? This thread asks "Where is Micheal Ford". The running game isn't what needs the change.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, you're right...but wouldn't your argument be more effective if you said we won both of those conference games by 22 or more points? :miles:

6. russnrvr

russnrvr Founding Member

The question is a valid one. Ford had the most yardage in the Spring game and was hyped; players were calling him "Little Hershel," I would certainly give the 9-12 carries a game to someone other than JJ. I personally like Ware and Ford over Murphy and Blue. Again, the only way to know if a person is a "gamer" is to play him in a game under the lights. Unless he is totally lazy, I presume he should get some opportunities. Love Ridley. If we really say that we are running team, he should be upward of 25 totes a game. I would still say based on what people know about him that Ford is the best running back athlete on the team. Again, coaches have the responsibility to develop raw talent. Whatever it is worth.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Richard Murphy won a couple of Spring Game Heismans...

Ware played until he got hurt. And unless you have a pass to watch the practices, I don't see how you can say you like Ford better than Blue or Murphy. For one thing, they are TOTALLY different styles than Ford. They're more like each other. Ford is more like Ridley. Ford is next year's power back...if he learns to block.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

No offense, but when a defense "stacks the box" they're doing so to stop the run. Ridley, Blue, Murphy or Ford....if they have 8 men in the box, you're not likely going to get great results unless your blocking on any particular play is stellar.

9. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

God, I cannot tell you how much I agree with this.

10. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

Watching Eddie Lacy in the Bama game, Lacy looks better than Ford.