Which SEC Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BamaBengal, Mar 29, 2002.

1. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

would you like to visit? Which opposing stadium that you've been to do you like the most and why?

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I would like to go to Tennessee, for the size, the loacation (scenery), and the re-affirmation that I can pick clothes that don't look god-awful (orange).

3. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

I have been to most SEC stadiums: Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, and of course LSU.

LSU is OBVIOUSLY my favorite, but here is how I rate the others I have been too...

1. Georgia - Between the hedges was the overall neatest stadium I went too. Built kinda in a hill really cool stadium. We lost by one when ReTardo went for two...that still stings. :D

2. Alabama - Nicest fans I have had met in an oposing stadium, offered us some libations from their stash, and were very hospitiable. We stopped Bama's 30 game unbeaten streak with Hallman at the helm. (Have been back since, but that trip was most enjoyable). Bars right outside the stadium, a BIG PLUS in my opinion. ;)

3. Auburn - Nasty fans, average stadium, but there field house caught on fire the year we were there, plus it was a guys trip and we were drunk. So I enjoyed myself.

4. Tennessee - Size, size, and more size....you can't imagine how much ORANGE cloth they must manufacture in that state to get a 100,000 fans with orange from head to toe. It certainly stands out and Neyland is a MOST IMPRESSIVE site.

5. Florida - Haven't been since I was a child, but rember my dad almost getting in a fight with some fans, I guess thinks haven't changed much at the swamp. May go back this year...but will have to see, it has been about 20 years since I was there last. I think I was about ten.

6. Kentucky - I have seen more fans at most Lousisiana High Schools games. It was a boring trip, and in my opinion, a pitiful stadium.

7. Vanderbilt - Turf should be banned in the SEC. Cecil ran out of his shoe and blew out his knew. Still don't like the stadium for this reason.

8. Ole Miss - Great trip, but with out a doubt the worst stadium in the SEC. Open bleachers in the endzones from which people underneath buying concessions constanly get drenched. Just terrible, but I will say that second to LSU those Rebels can tailgate, the Grove is a site to behold.

I know this might be a little longer answer than you were looking for, but it was a great trip down memory lane for me.

4. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Founding Member

I see South Carolina is not in the mix. The Cockpit is a nice stadium. I've been to Bryant-Denny in T-Town and had a really good time. Stadiums I'd like to visit ......

1. UGA
    2. The Swamp
    3. Ole Miss
    4. LSU
    5. Auburn
    6. Tennessee
    7. Miss. St.
    8. Kentucky
    9. Vandy
    10. Arkansas (Fayetteville/LittleRock)

5. StLee

StLee Founding Member

I have never visited another SEC (or any other Div. I team's ) stadium. This year will be my second year as an official season ticket holder, even though we don't have our tickets yet since we're looking to move.
    Hopefully once I have money in my pocket (currently a poor graduate student) I can arrange to make some road trips. I was invited to go to the Tennessee game last year, but I could not afford to go.

On a side note, I have NCAA Football for the PS2 and take the time to check out some of the opposing team's stadiums. North Carolina's stadium looks really nice--small stadium. In the SEC, Tennessee's and Florida's look the coolest. The look of the stadium really does not mean as much to me as the atmosphere. What school's atmosphere do y'all think is the best in the SEC after LSU? I know all the Tiger fans must say LSU is one, so who is next? Any of them come close in comparison to the Cajun hospitality? (note: I happen to tailgate with people who mostly come down from Mississippi and Tennessee for each game and I am one of the real Cajuns with my tailgaters)

6. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Founding Member

I tend to forget that yall and Ole Miss don't like each other too much. I would concede that Baton Rouge is a better enviroment for, well, anything over Oxford, I dunno why I picked Ole Miss over LSU. If it makes you feel better, make it a tie b/t the two places :) To my understanding, Baton Rouge is at its best at night, what about day games??? Anyhow, didn't mean to step on toes!! Your're right, Ole Miss has a small facility.

7. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

ST. LEE,
    UNC's stadium is the nicest i've ever seen, everyone should go to a game there at least once. It's not" LSU north" or even any SEC team north as far as intensity, attendance, tailgating but still...................................

8. Rocky@theTop

Rocky@theTop Freshman

Actually Tigerman,

Vandy is going into their 3rd seaon on real grass.

9. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Williams-Brice in Columbia is a great game venue because the fans are incredible - I rank it right up there at the top with you guys and us. UT and UF are next, Auburn just after that, the new Arkansas and UGA next, then the rest, UM, MSU, VU. Never been to UK, but not really concerned with it either...