Which Uncommitted Recruit is Most Important to This Class?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bandit88, Aug 9, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I do feel like I see it as a bigger need than the staff but the staff didn't just not recruit LBs we are just missing out on the good ones worthy of an offer at this time. I hope they can find someone worthy who we have a shot at but I am also confident that CHavis can plug those holes in the depth. I think the season will be more of a determining factor at if we really want to add a decent LB to the depth chart because I don't see us landing a big one at this point.

I would really like to see Maclin stay at LB and not move to DE down the road and see Eric Reid move to LB. I wouldn't mind bulking up Alonzo Lewis and seeing him get a shot at LB. Only other possibilities of the 2011 class are Ronald Martin and Jeremy Hill but I don't see either moving from S and RB.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I think Bhelm covered it - but I'll echo. It's not that we don't have LBers. I think the team needs a couple more stud LBers - of the "recruiting quality" of Ryan Baker, or even Kevin Minter. We have some guys, and it might prove out that they come on strong (hearing good things about Muncie), but we're talking recruiting and I think we need a couple Top 10 LBers in the quiver.

3. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

LSU did get a stud in this class, Randle. I be damned about Rivals ranking. They really screwed him up. Every other service has him as a top 5 OLB. He looks really impressive to me. Can't believe Rivals dropped him so much just because he had one mediocre camp...

Dude is a Football player. That is all that matters. I don't care what he does in shorts, his highlights are good enough for me.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree and that is why I said we need a decent filler IMO. Hopefully Randle is the stud we are looking for and I think he is.

I would love another stud but don't see one we have a great shot at right now. But hopefully one of our targets blows up in his senior year and makes the staff take him.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think getting those four instate guys is critical, not just because of need, but also because it sends a strong positive message that Louisiana belongs to LSU.

6. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I like big men, I will say Robinson and Rasco you win on the Defensive and the Ofensive lines. But don't get me wrong you need the other players to go a long with them. It looks like Coach Miles has those guys already commited for the 2011 recruiting class.

!twocrystals!