Who are the team leaders this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gandalf, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Mauck was the obvious choice last year, but I can't figure who it's gonna be this year. Spears is probably the best player, but he seems too nice to be what I'd consider a "leader", maybe Webster? I don't know if Randall commands that kind of respect right now, he may at some point during the year.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Let's hope that with the core of last years team returning this year will be much the same where everybody takes responsibility for themselves and each player is a leader on his own.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Defense - No question - Spears and Webster

Offense - Skyler Green, and possibly even Joseph Addai,

But like Saban said, sheep have leaders, Wolves dont.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would have to say that the obvious team leader last year was Clayton on offense and special teams, Mauck of course was one also. Donnie jones may have been the most influential punter in LSU's history as far as leadership goes.

We will have to wait and see who it turns out to be, different guys lead in different ways, some lead by the actions and some lead by their actions and their words. i have a feeling that Randall will either become a team leader very early on or won't be one. With his experience he should be. Turner would be my guess to lead the defense along with Landry and Spears.

Can't wait to see who steps up on special teams, hopefully one of our super talented guys like Edwards.

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Not sure who the leaders will be, Maybe Webster and Vincent.

The best player on theam is Travis Daniels. Webster is flat out awesome when he makes the big INT's but Daniels is the best cover man I've ever seen play at LSU. Watch the replays from the SECCG and the Sugar Bowl.

6. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

To paraphrase the great Saban from last season:

"Sheep need leaders. We need everyone accountable. The strength of the Pack is in the Wolf. The strength of the Wolf comes from the Pack. We need a wolfpack mentality out there where everyone is hungry and doing everything right."

I think Wolfpack is a pretty good descriptor of last year's defense without a doubt.

7. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I love the sheep need leaders line. Maybe I should re-phrase it to "who will be the vocal instigators"? Nah, I think you guys are right, it's better if they're a pack.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Webster was second in the SEC in passes deflected with 25. Who was first? Travis Daniels. Of course, that could be a little skewed by the number of balls thrown in their direction, but it is still interesting. Nice to know that the two guys that lead the league in pass deflections were both on our team, and they will be again.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly if it ain't broke don't fix it. Individual responsibility worked to near perfection last season and with many returning starters you would expect the same approach this season, lets hope it works as well again.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

10. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

Defense - Spears and Webster
    Offense - Green and Big Ben