Who is gone after this football season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Apr 28, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Everyone makes good and bad points on this thread. 1958's original post was based on a fans view of what to expect for this team, and I think he is correct that it would be a tall order.

Now, the players should have the National Championship as their ultimate goal, which in reality doesn't get thought about hardly at all as they should have much smaller goals that they focus on. All team oriented and individual goals should be made up of what I call step goals. You accomplish all of them and you'll have a chance to acheive the ultimate one.

However, I think it would be foolish to think that most of the 117 teams do have the National Title as one of their real goals.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Foolish? Hardly. Impractical? Probably. But, if it's a "real goal" or not is a moot point; However, the fact that a National Title is the MAIN goal for which every team should strive for is damn near as real as you can get buddy. Sure, winless ULM isn't going to win a title any time soon, but all the same, it's the biggest real (i.e. "touchable") accomplishment that can be achieved in the game. Hell, neither you nor me know what ANY of these teams' goals are--it's just all too hypothetical. In theory, every team should reach for the top of the mountain. If they don't, then they're just selling themselves short.

3. cajdav1

I'd bet tomorrows lunch that they don't. The most important thing you learn in goal setting is for it to be attainable. For most programs it is not.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

we are one of probably 10 teams that have a shot at the NC this season, but it should not be expected. too much luck involved, plus there is always the chance that even if lsu reaches their maximum potential they may not be the best team on a given day. i just want them to play great.

not worried about anyone we will lose. the program is at the stage were no one player matters that much, except the qb, of course. i think we'll actually upgrade at LB and maybe DL. really hate to see addai go, though. my favorite player. way too underutilized so far. hope AB or JV will become as good out of the backfield.

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

As far as the juniors, if they have a chance to go fairly high I would expect them to leave after watching what happend to Webster and Wilkerson. I hope they all stay, but I guess it's just something we will have to wait on to
    see.

6. cajdav1

I'm sure that will come into play with their decisions too. Clayton also did great coming out early but Hill and Henderson maybe should have stayed a year. Although Devery was drafted pretty darn high by the Aints.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Nick Saban

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im pretty sure that devery used all his eligibility

9. TomE

TomE Founding Member

Devery was a senior and Hill realized his mistake and tried to come back for his senior season only he had already signed with and agent

10. cajdav1

You're right, my mistake on DH.