Who saw this coming?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajun_tiger, Dec 3, 2009.

1. cajun_tiger

cajun_tiger Founding Member

I have heard from a lot of people at the time when Miles let go RP that he was also risking his job security? Well 2 seasons removed were a lot of these people that said this correct? and did any hear the same comments i heard when RP was let go?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i never heard that but i think everyone knew there would be ramifications on the football field, not the front office.

3. cajun_tiger

cajun_tiger Founding Member

At the time i was thinking, yeah right...what ever Lee is a good QB LSU won't skip a beat but now i do think that yeah maybe it has had and affect. I don't know i just want to get other peoples take on the situation.

4. LaSalleAve

what happened with Perrilloux really screwed us over alot more than anyone could have imagined. I don't think anyone could have predicted the fall out on the football field and the roster when Perrilloux was let go would be so dramatic. It put Lee and Jefferson into action a year early, and has led to a stagnant offense. The offense we ran this year would have been perfect for RP. Now maybe losing RP effected the team enough to influence the win loss record the last few seasons, which could effect Miles job in the long run, and the lack of offense which could effect his job in the long run.

5. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Miles did not risk his job by cutting loose a bad apple.

Here is how I see it...

8 win season leaves a bad taste and should not happen back to back
    9 wins - I am not thrilled about but can stomach here and there
    10 win season is good
    11-12 win season is great

Coming out of the SEC West it is hard to expect any more than that. Heck, Luck has a lot to do with it.

What coach worth his salt would not have givien RP the chances CLM gave him?

And after those chances, what coach worth his salt would have not shown RP the door and wished him good luck?

What coach out there would do a better job than CLM has done?

Michigan and Notre Dame brought proven coaches in and have, or are failing.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Just ask Tiger.

6. LaSalleAve

If Perrilloux had played for Alabama or Florida he would still be playing for them.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Doesnt matter, RP needed to go. He is still blaming the world for his problems.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

rp needed to go is correct. and i think when that happened, we all pretty much knew we were gonna pay on the field for that last year, but a lot of us were ok with it because we knew it was the right thing to do.

i dont know if many of us, i know i didnt, anticipate that we would be going to another young qb this year and have that situation two years in a row. the "situation" being getting a young qb with a lot of play and sec experience under his belt. that we didnt anticipate that being thrown to the wolves would f*** with lee's head the way it seems to have.

but even knowing all that now, i still believe letting rp go was the right thing to do. its taking longer to get past than we would like but it is what it is.

hopefully jefferson will grow and mature in the position and a new offensive staff will help turn things around.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The mistake was not in cutting RP. It was in not recruiting other QBs to compliment him for two years. Lee has skills but he got chewed up early and now I believe is mentally done. The tech game told me what I needed to know about Lee's future here. JJ has skills but is being improperly utilized and I don't feel he is being coached well either. Crowton is the QB coach but ultimately Miles has to step in and take control.

Miles is the ultimate say in recruiting also. There are several factors contributing to our current record, but Miles is responsible as the head coach.

If the jeapordy you refer to is his current record, certainly Miles has to be careful. But just letting RP go - no, it was the right decision.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

True, but Les made a serious mistake putting all his eggs in one basket with Perrilloux without making any serious attempt to bring along Lee or Hatch to be more than just backups in case the day came when he had to pull the plug on RP. It's not like the warning signs weren't there and there wasn't time to do this before he was dismissed.