Who wants some action on the over/under on Saban to Detroit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 27, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yes that little 2 second remaining TD cost me 60 bucks (office pool)

2. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I don't think we have much to worry about with this vacancy. This firing looks like it was specifically designed to hire Mariucci. He has ties to that area, and I think he would likely take the job. The only thing that changed from the end of the regular season until now is the fact that Mariucci became available. I'm sure we'll have to put up with people saying Coach Saban is leaving, but I really doubt it in this case.

3. eric d

eric d Founding Member

It also said on main ESPN web page that Matt Millen wanted Steve Marriucci. They are both products of the system, so it seems like a logical match. For some reason Millen probably wouldn't have fired Morninweg if Marriucci were still in San Francisco.

4. TexasTigers

For the record I dont think any of us here or any one with a sense actually thinks Saban would even consider it if he was offered the job.

The point of my post was to point out how our rivals and idiots at ESPN and CNNSI will report Saban as a candidate and how Peter King is going to bet "His House" or a Bowl of Gumbo that he is taking the Detroit job.

5. tigers

tigers Founding Member

Saban staying

GET A GRIP GUYS, SABAN IS STAYING AT LSU.. NO DOUBT!! I'LL BET ANYONE , ANYTIME!!

HE IS HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL... THAT IS A FACT JACK...

6. TexasTigers

O.K. i will state this again.

Everyone knows Saban is staying that is an LSU fan including us on this board...

The point of this post was a joke on how our rivals and some buffons in the Media will link Sabans to this job..

So there is no need to remind any of us Saban is staying, we know that and knew that 6 months ago.

The whole point of this post was to make a joke about wagering on when our Rivals and Peter King will say Saban is a candidate even though he said he is not going anywhere...