Who would you like to play post-season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atreus21, Nov 8, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its not that people dont respect TCU, they are a VERY GOOD TEAM, its that we fill that if TCU was in a conference that was legit, they, while could still possibly be 10-0, would have he depth and attrition factors that teams in the big conferences have.

LSU has every game on the line in the SEC this year with the exception of Vandy. Thats about it. TCU could beat half the teams in their conference by playing half their starters most of the time. Its just that bad....

2. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Point of order - if the NC game is Oregon vs. Auburn, the Rose Bowl is contractually obligated to take the top non-AQ team by virtue of having 2 conference tie-ins. And of course if one of them lose, the most likely team to take their place at the moment is TCU. So TCU is not a valid option.

Although there's a lot of truth to the statement that LSU has very little to gain by playing Boise State, I have to admit that I'd enjoy seeing Miles v Peterson. I'd put our trickeration master against theirs.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I like CFN's prediction of us and Boise State in the Sugar Bowl.. That is, if we don't already have a more important gig scheduled.. ;)

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Adrian Peterson played TCU this year? I thought he was with the vikings?

1 person likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Exactly, I just don't respect TCU's schedule, nor Boise's. A few years ago, people were bagging on Ohio State for playing the Kent State's of the world, yet Boise and TCU get to play the Kent State's of the world 8 times a season.

TCU and Boise can remedy this by doing 1 of 2 things.
    1. They should schedule major conference opponents for EVERY non conference game.
    2. They need to join a major conference. If I were TCU, I would be talking to the SEC, or the Big 12 now that Mizzou and Colorado are leaving. Or they could join the Big East. But, if they do join the Big East I think they will run into the same problems, they will still have to schedule hard out of conference games, to jump an SEC team, or Pac 10, or Big 10 team with the same record.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I want TCU....

if not, Id like to see us play either Neb or FSU (although I think FSU screwed up too much to make our level bowl game).

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

North Carolina could sneak out of the ACC. They are 3-2 in the ACC and play Virginia Tech, and VT has UNC, Miami, and Virginia left. UNC winning the ACC would be good for us.