Why no second QW bonus?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Peach, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Peach

Peach Freshman

Like most LSU fans, I believe it is unfair that the BCS rules do not give a team the QW points for beating a ranked team the second time. But in trying to keep an open mind, I admit that there are two sides to every story. I just can't seem to find the other side to this story. Can anyone explain the logic behind not awarding a team for EVERY win? If anything, it is harder to beat a well-matched team the second time. (Forgive me if this has been addressed before. Just point me to the right thread.) Thanks.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

It was meant to keep teams from scheduling each other twice to help improve their schedules...

Originally meant to help keep teams from scheduling a team twice in one year, according to the talking heads I've seen, but will probably be changed after this year to help prevent a situation like this again.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

IMO, the BCS people never thought this would happen ... I wouldn't be surprised if they changed this QW component next year.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I can't believe that a system that they spent so much time on, they didn't think about this...With three conferences having CG's, how could you overlook something like this?

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sort of like the SEC ADs never thought they would have to use the 7th tie-breaker rule huh? LOL

Unless we hear from the BCS people, we won't really know why ... but I still believe they will change the rule next year.

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Scheduling a team twice?? You can do that? That's news to me.

7. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

It's kind of silly to intentionally schedule someone twice, because beating someone twice in one season is too hard to be worth it.