Why no terrorism in china

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

China: Religious Repression of Uighur Muslims | Human Rights Watch

I know this is an older story but nothing has changed. China represses Muslims and you never hear about terrorist acts in china or aginst Chinese intrest. America gives Muslims full freedom of religion and we are presented world wide as the enemy of Islam. Is it solely because of our relationship with isreal? How can china get away with the things they do and the west and Russia are targeted by terrorist? Are they afraid of the Chinese more so than the west or Russia ? What's your take?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So let me get this straight, you call Obama a communist and yet you pretty much want to adopt China's policy towards Muslims?

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The problem isn't over religions.

4. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

It's because we support Israel. The lack of justice regarding the palestinians has resulted in conflict and we have been placed in the same camp as Israel because we are their sole supporter in this regard.

I have to ask this though....why haven't there been any more terrorist attack on US soil? Is it really that difficult? Our border with Mexico is wide open and they can't smuggle anybody over that?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dude, China represses freedom of the press and media access and tightly controls all news.

Tibet has been fighting occupation for many decades. Tibetan nationalists have bombed many CHinese interests in Tibet. There was s series of high-profile terrorist acts in the 1990's. But Chinese stifles all dissent and restricts the press. There is likely much more unreported trouble. China has serious border issues with the 'stans, which are largely muslim, as well.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

because the chinese are miserable like the muslims. not a whole lot of comedy coming out of either one of those places.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

You completely misinterpreted what I was asking. I wasn't talking about Obama at all. China is terrible towards it's Muslim population but you never hear any mullahs calling for holy war with china. I was wondering why you don't hear outcry for the Muslims in china like you hear about the palistine / isreal situation. They call holy war on the west in the name of repressed Muslims in isreal but not for repressed Chinese Muslims. I said nothing about Obama or treating Muslims like china. You're way off in left field on that one.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

correct

well, as you know, most terrorism in america is secretly caused by our own government. i guess they dont need to do anymore right now because they have already started all the wars they need.

thats what you would say if you were not ashamed of your opinions and didnt phrase everything as a question.

9. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I am in no way ashamed of my opinions...I'm just not hell bent on derailing every thread like some people around here.

Which opinion is it you think I'm embarrased about? The fact that 9/11 was a Mossad/CIA false flag operation? Or that our nation's monetary policy is under the control of a private central bank that has been successful in burdening the entire country with debt?

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

When you get a chance, you should read "Letter to America" purported to be written by Osama bin Laden. It's a very short read, but basically he tells us why he and his raghead followers hate our guts.

He states that jihad is waged in the form of terrorism against the U.S. b/c we attacked them (muslims) in Palestine, b/c of our support for Israel, b/c we attacked them in Somalia, b/c we steal their wealth, b/c we occupy their countries, b/c we starved the Muslims of Iraq, kill their children, blah blah blah.....

If you read the letter though, he wants us to die for alot of things that China isn't really blamed for.

Oh, and he wants us all to convert to Islam or he will kill us.