Why not more interest in Chip Kelly?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerpub, Sep 29, 2016.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I feel Jimbo is vastly being overrated by LSU, but Kelly has not won anything. At least Jimbo has a title. Kelly puts up fantastic numbers but has never won a title and would usually lose when facing top tier OOC opponents.

2. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I don't like Kelly at all. Against good defenses that type of offense can be stopped. I don't like the pace of play by his offenses and he is too stupid to figure out that it hurts his defense if he doesn't get 1st downs.

The devastating clearing out he did at Philly and then the players he brought in, was puzzling. He brings in Bradford to run that type offense. He had a top RB and utilized him so little. I don't like his offenses and don't want to see that crap here.

Against SEC Defenses that offense has been stopped.

3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This would seem to be true. I think I am petrified this admin brings in Jimbo and he tanks. Hope not.

kcal likes this.
  4. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Jimbo just does not seem like an exciting hire to me. I don't think he will be as successful in the SEC. This year alone makes me not want him.

kcal and diamondheadtiger like this.
  5. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

I don't See Jimbo leaving Florida state , He has it made . I don't see us getting a top teir HC already at a power 5 school . Unless someone what's a change of secnery . I would love to see Chip here . He has put together great teams with lesser talent . despite what alot of people are saying , he had that Auburn NC won if it wasn't for Cam Newton and Dyer's knee not hitting the ground .

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He was coming here and still wants to.

Would prolly be a homerun hire top.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Jimbo is making good money, but for some reason, the university won't pay his assistants. So turnover and getting the best coaches might be harder than LSU. That was the main reason given that led Bielema to Arkansas. Jeremy Pruitt left after the NC as well.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He would have success and the offense would look a little better, but I don't see him being much of an upgrade. He's a safe pick to keep LSU a winner, but I don't see him making a significant difference in the overall picture. Tom Herman may be a bigger gamble, but he gives LSU better potential to make the jump to elite on a yearly basis.

kcal and $TigerFan$ like this.
  9. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

That's kind of how I view it. I would not want to hire the same record with a slightly better offense, I would rather roll the dice on someone who has proven they can ring the scoreboard like a pinball machine. I just don't think Jimbo would be worth the money demanded. If your going to open the bank then do like Miami did to Saban, make it impossible for Herman to say No!

Now on a further note, if Aranda is able to build a lights out defense then Jimbo would be alright. I like what I'm seeing so far if it keeps improving, especially Defensive push at the line. I know we don't have the horses yet but I'm hopeful we will get them.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  10. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

we need to keep Aranda and Ed and let them take care of the defense . our new HC should be a offensive minded juggernaut who puts up points at will . That's why I dont mind getting someone like Chip , Kingsbury , or even take a chance on Kiffin . yeah he screwed up Tennessee , but USC was screwed up by Pete Carroll and Kiffin was in a no win situation . He has had top 10 offenses at Alabama with 3 Average qb now a true freshman and he is putting up some major points . I would be ok with Kiffin or even Mike Leach . I JUST WANT TO SCORE POINTS !!!