Why not more interest in Chip Kelly?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerpub, Sep 29, 2016.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The names sound good but the chemistry is volatile. Chip Kelly and Kingsbury would have your defense out there for 40 minutes a game with their turbo HUNH. Don't think Aranda or Orgeron would be thrilled about that. When Muschamp took the DC job at the barn he wanted Gus assurance not to leave his defense out there all game. By the end of the year, Muschamp wanted out. Points are fun to think about, but check with GDF and even he might say that Oregon fans are growing weary of the defensive product on the field.

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

True , I noticed that with Ole Miss , there defense is gassed by the 4th quarter ,but they also dont have any depth on defense . We are about 3 deep at every position . Kelly has mentioned numerous times , He would love to coach a major SEC program .

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Are you quite sure?.. show me,.. I've never heard that.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not only that but what superior coach would be willing to have his hands tied like that. The new coach needs an absolutely free hand in selecting his staff. Can you imagine Saban or Mayer or Bryant or Bowden agreeing to terms like that. If the coach we hire agrees to that I don't want him as he's a loser already

Now would I like to see him keep Aranda, O and Austin Thomas...maybe one or two others like Juluke? Yes but only if it's his idea

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

This is what I love about LSU fans. Not picking on you Cajunkid just using your post as an example. We don't want young up and coming coaches because they are unproven. They haven't been through SEC-equivalent fire. Let them get a job somewhere else and prove themselves. But if we go after a proven coach in a P5 program, we complain that the administration is wasting it's time going after a good, established coach. We wonder why they would leave their winning program to come to LSU. We're arrogant and think we're better than we are.

A lot of the fans clamoring for Herman this year, didn't want him last year because he wasn't "proven". Sometimes you've got to take a chance on an up and comer you just have to do your homework. I'd rather hire Herman and he be a bust, than pass and watch him build a dynasty somewhere else.

kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and Cajinkid like this.
  6. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

That's fine , but Herman still isn't proven he only has coached 19 games in a weak conference. He beat only one top team his whole head coaching carrer in Florida State , Who got smacked around by Petrino who nodoby want . If your willing to take a chance of Herman and he says no why not take a chance on another young coach .

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

If you get an elite HC, pretty sure he has those strong assistances on his staff now. And you are right, the coach you want won't be bullied. The head man is the one you want to get right, OCs and DCs will come and go.

LSU_4_LIFE and Cajinkid like this.
  8. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I said, "Sometimes you've got to take a chance on an up and comer you just have to do your homework." So that would include coaches other than Herman. I just think Herman is a young Spurrier, Myers caliber coach. I think he's the best out there so we should do everything we can to get him.

Winston1 likes this.