Wilbert Rideau released from prison

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I have mixed feelings about it. I believe that he should have been executed in the first place when he was originally convicted. But when you compare his sentence to other convicted murderers who have killed MORE people and have been released after HALF of the time he served, you have to admit there is an inequality there.

Of course my solution is not to release all murderers earlier, but rather to keep them ALL locked up forever to be equitable.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Life for a life. Kill'em all.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

...and let God sort 'em out.... :thumb:

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What a sad sad day for the American public and the American justice system. Any time someone can rob a bank, kidnap 3 people, take them somewhere and execute them and then walk the streets as a free man is a sad time indeed. :cuss: :( :mad: :cuss: :( :mad: :cuss: :( :mad: :cuss: :( :mad:

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

If it's any consolation, I guarantee you the man is hunted as we speak...There are those that have grumbled for a long time that if he were ever released, then he would constantly look over his shoulder, and in the shadows...

Rideau was protected in prison...Do not think he has a whole new set of walls and gates he must navigate these days...

I know this from a conversation I had once with someone...I won't get into it here, but trust me when I say this...He will regret his freedom...Because Angola didn't just incarcerate him, he'll come to realize-sooner or later-that Angola protected him as well...

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Good point. A close friend died in 1975 when his vehicle straightened out a curve and hit a tree. If the tree hadn't been there he'd have ended up in a field and would likely have survived. For years, I'd drive by that curve and see the tree grow and flourish and I wanted to take a chain saw to it. It's been 30 years and I'd still love to take that thing down.

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I guess I'll never understand how a jury could bring in a manslaughter verdict, knowing what he did. Say what you will but his celebrity status had as much to do with his release as did anything else. And that ain't justice. :dis:

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Man I hate when my car decides to straighten out on it's own.