Will 7-5 or 8-4 have Miles run out of town?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jun 15, 2006.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I have a weird feeling about this season. I'm still not sold on Miles since he won with Saban's talent.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

What record would it take to have the fans calling for his resignation? What record would it take for him actually to be let go?

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Apparently 11-2, azzwhipe. :thumb:

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

For fans to call for it? Some idiot fans would be 8-3, but I think most would lose their minds at 6-5.

For getting fired would probably be 3-8. Who knows though, some coaches seem to be immune from such things for a while! :hihi:

6. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

This is an idiotic question that doesn't even deserve a response.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I'm f'n tired of hearing how CLM wins with Saban's talent. Maybe it is true, in a way since he took over, but dammit he's proven that he can RECRUIT!!!!! Some people just like to complain about something. I remember when LSU was struggling, despite good talent, THAT is when I would call for a coach's head... but considering the schedule and our apparent lack of a running back, I don't think a "mediocre" season will be the end of the world. We will DEFINITELY beat: UL, 'Zona, Fresno, Tulane, Miss State and Kentucky. That is six wins right there... I don't think it's possible for LSU to lose every game to Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee. Even if we split those games we'll end up at 9-3 which is still pretty good considering. Miles is a position where he'll be able to bring in top 10-15 classes EVERY season because of the recruiting in LA. In doing so, he'll be able to average 7-8 wins a season as long as he's in BR. Throw in the chance for a SECC every 1-3 seasons and he'll prove to be LSU's best coach over any given period of time. Sh!t, I'm drunk and I still have better logic than a lot of the clowns on this forum...

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

seriously....miles has already proven he knows how to recruit....this team to me is so similar to the auburn team of 04...the only proven talent is on the offense...the defense has to make a name for themselves....I just have a gut feeling that this team is gonna be special...

9. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

0-12? Running off Miles after with a winning record after his 2nd season would be detrimental to the long term success of LSU. No coach worth their salt would want to take on the LSU HC position if you run a coach out of town with a winning record in his second season.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

It's a ridiculous question ...... I could coach LSU's talent to 7-5 against their schedule. Miles will do no worse than 9-3, and NO, that's not enough to run a guy out of town .... sheesh :nope: