Will e-tickets be used regularly?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Apr 10, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Some of you may have gotten an email talking about e-tickets for the spring football game. Anyone know if this will become a regular practice at LSU? I know they do things like this for the New Orleans Hornets, I had a professor that used this method to purchase tickets. It is especially convienent if you buy your ticket close to event date and there isnt time for shipping or for you to go to the office to pick them up. The couple of Hornets games I have been to all they do is scan a barcode on your ticket and they dont even tear the stub. I think this is a pretty neat technology.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I think its great, I am a bit bias because I do this technology for a living.

But last year and this year I have paid for my Bowl tickets, Season Tickets. Its great !

I really like the way they did the Bowl game last year.

3. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

how do they keep people from duplicating the tickets?

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

There is a bar code on each ticket that they scan into a computer system that tells them if that ticket has been used to get in already.

5. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

but lets say someone made a fake one with paint shop pro or any other program like that. say that person get to the game before me and has his ticket scanned and then when i get there mine won't work. what would happen then? fat chance of that happening though.

6. roussel_10

roussel_10 Founding Member

i think so

when i went to the spring game today i had some e-tickets that i printed out and they wouldn't scan because i dont have a laser printer; the guy said "this Fall be sure to use a laser printer"

so it looks like they will attempt to continue the use of e-tickets and use a laser printer if you plan on going to the game

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I used an inkjet printer for my ticket to the spring game but it is a relatively nice HP model. So if you print tickets in the future you may want to print at the best quality that you can.