Will Landon Collins pull the trigger early?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUFan1950, Mar 24, 2011.

1. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He could but he did say this week that he was going to try and wait to make the call until the Under Armor game which happens to be the same day as his birthday.

Looks like LSU is sitting pretty.

3. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

I guess LSU is going to be getting another top 5 class.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It's always better when the most desired recruits commit early, in sizable numbers so any other recruits know early on what our class is going to end up looking like.

I bet Frank Wilson is trying his hardest to get a lot of early commitments from the highly ranked recruits.

Anyone think he still has Willie Lyles number on speed dial? (hope not)

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You do and try to get all you can early. If someone is playing games, the good coaches know. You spend time on them, but don't waste time with them. You don't waste time on a kid playing games, most times it comes back to bite you. Many times kids playing games with coaches never pan out. When someone really wants to come to LSU, they will be the player you want and help your program the most. This is not towards LC, this is speaking in general.

6. houtxbengal

houtxbengal Founding Member

You had a decent post, at first. Then, it took a bad turn.

Has Frank Wilson ever had Lyles on speed dial? Does the national recruiter of the year with about 6 commits for 2012, already, need someone like Lyles? I think you may be thinking about Brick Haley when it comes to Lyles and speed dial. Unless you have some pretty good intel about Frank Wilson's dealings. I hope LSU was smart with this guy.

It's ok to be cute and witty at times, but not at the expense of people's reputations. This Lyles situation is not a joke and will affect people's college eligibility and coaching careers. I hope your statement or reference to Wilson being connect to Lyles is false.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Add another to list of posters that don't really know Steve all that well.:rofl:

8. stevescookin

It was just humor...I should have used a smilie after that comment...from what I'm hearing on the lsu fanboards, LSU did nothing wrong and we're in the clear on Lyles. The NCAA is looking at things and probably requesting documents and such hopefully to compare legitimate services to what Chip Kelly did.

But heck, If Miles really paid for Lyles to influence recruits unduly and steer them to LSU In violation of NCAA rules...we'll get what we deserve.

I don't think we have a problem....Miles runs a clean program and I'm sure we'll be exonerated.

Sorry for the ambiguous tone of my post....we need a sarcasm smilie....I'd use it a lot. :yelwink2:

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

really????

nooooo! not you!

/sarcasm

10. stevescookin

Maybe even a smart a$$ smilie...or a dumb a$$ one. :D