will marcus randal lead us to the promise land

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SmokeUBiatch, Jul 30, 2004.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I would agree with everything you said, if it was said before the Spring practice. At this point though, I think that it is counter-productive to continually harp on this situation. It will only start a QB controversy in the fans minds when there is none. The freshman had their chance to start a QB controversy in the Spring. They didn't. If (by some remote chance) things change in Fall practice, then we should discuss it.

For now, give Randall the support and don't start this crap (not directed at you matt, you didn't start it) that will only get the fans worked up and harping on the negatives about Randall. Everyone has negatives. If you want to harp on a QBs negatives, why not bash the freshman? They are the ones we have never seen before. They are the ones that were ranked "all world" out of high school and could not beat out a supposedly weak MR in the Spring practice. What is the deal there, huh? Why is this guy (SmokeUBiatch) not bashing them? :dis:

How about we don't beat on these guys at all. Let them play and then we can discuss what we saw and try to predict what will happen based on reality instead of fantasizing about the abilities of the guys on the bench. What we saw two years ago was TWO YEARS ago. I know that I am a better soccer player now than I was two years ago and my coach (me) sucks. :wink: Remember Ro early in his career? He sucked his first times out and he was a prepared starter, not just an injured backup thrown into the fire. This whole thing about "seeing Russell as the QB that can bring an exciting passing game" is hogwash. These people are in a dream world. They have not seen anything. They have fantasized. These guys have not played one snap yet. Let them play! Don't "Booty" them.

Oh yeah, thanks for the love TIGERSKIN. :)

2. SmokeUBiatch

SmokeUBiatch Founding Member

very nice post max i could not have said it any better myself
    what a bunch of freaks to attack me because i want to see a new qb
    and how you like the ones who think because he is a fifth year senior he will be much better what a crock
    i imagine auburn will be much better to lol
    to the comment from sabanfan about put a lid on it if randall is blowing it in a game thats funny because unless you buy my ticket you better not tell me who to cheer or boo because there will be trouble in the stands

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Is this Snorton?

I never "boo" LSU players. I might curse them out in my head when they make stupid mistakes.

You would not last long in the stands near me.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Obviously Saban thinks he has improved. Why else would Randall still be the #1 QB coming out of spring practice? If Randall is as bad as some suggest, then what does that say about Russell and Flynn? ... they have yet to overtake him after a full year of practice!

None of us know who will start, and it really doesn't matter. Saban will play the guy who gives us the best chance of winning. Do we have such little confidence in Saban to make this decision?

5. SmokeUBiatch

SmokeUBiatch Founding Member

it tells me that we are weak at qb and most of the fans on this board wont admit it
    i have confidence in saban choice but if randal is the best we got we are weak at that spot
    lol lol any poster like crawfish try and show his toughness over a computer is spineless i doubt you say anything to anyone i go to games with you wont last long in the stands by me what a laugher

6. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

This thread is hysterical. I laughed I cried...

Anyone remember Mauck hitting for 48% in 2001 when Randall replaced him? Randall also hit for 48% that year. Last year he hit for 62% while Mauck hit for 64%. He should be right around the same percentage this year, but he'll also run for a good 600 yards on the year. You sure you guys are ready to give that up and stick in a freshman? I'm not.

It's tempting every time we get a hot shot recruit coming in to scream for the coaches to start him, but it would be foolish to do that this year. Russell's not ready, and just because Randall has some problems in the spring game when his receivers are going against Webster and he has Spears draped on his back, I wouldn't hold that against him. I can't wait to see Randall play this year, and the first time he rips off a couple 15 yard runs on third and long, then hits five completions in a row, I imagine everyone on this board will be on the same page.

This friggin' season just can't get here soon enough. I think Oregon State's in trouble.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

People like you were saying the same thing about Mauck when he first started.

Why don't you crawl back into Jackson's hole. You already have your head up his hole.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Your analysis is worse than your spelling, punctuation, and diction. Randall is keeping a Parade All-American on the bench. That doesn't sound weak to me.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I am not sure what's worse.... people not wanting Randall to start and promoting Russell... or people completely ignoring Flynn's existance on the team as well.....

10. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

he used punctuation?? :shock: I must have missed that post of his....

:lsug:
    :champs: