Will Muschamp is the new coach of the Florida Gators

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 11, 2010.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

What happens when MB does retire. Does WM bail on Florida to return to the Longhorneys?:eek:

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Only if Florida isn't working out like he expects. Plus my guess is some horn fans would not welcome him back. They don't consider themselves 2nd to anybody in anything.

I would imagine Foley has this covered in the contract or side understanding like the 'Miles Michigan' agreement. But if fecal matter hits the spinning blades who knows what will happen in this game anymore.

3. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I think this is great news for LSU. It possibly helps us in keeping Texas in disarray so we have a shot at a few more Texas recruits. It is also a good for us when we play Florida. I would have expected that the Gators could have hired a proven head coach with experience that was a proven winner. Instead they hired someone with no head coaching experience as far as I know. What the hell is the A.D. at Florida thinking? Muschamp could turn out to be a good HC, but this is a big gamble IMO. I really don't think we will get that many more recruits from Florida, but this is a step down from CUM and I am grateful.:grin:

4. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

IMO .. I feel that he will be ok...head coaching experience or not, he will get it done...fans are usually nervous about a new hire...when saban arrived in BR, lsu fan reaction was pretty much the same...same happened in ohio st. when tressel arrived..also at usc when pete carroll arrived..and most recently..we all know how the auburn nation was acting a fool when chizik rode into town...point being, all the coaches mentioned seem to have done or is donig a pretty good job...

BTW...there are 5 possibly 6 NCs between these coaches.....

1 person likes this.
  5. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Did anyone see this?

Terrapins Insider - Gus Malzahn accepts Vanderbilt head coaching offer

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Things could hardly work out better for LSU. Malzahn going to the East Division and Florida replaces a Meyer with an unproven and, in my opinion, highly overrated coach in Muschamp.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Oh agreed. But why Heisman night. Why not Tuesday or Wednesday after all the weekend games when there is a natural dead spot in sports coverage. They would get double the Sportscenter time they got. Maybe Foley pushed to close the deal before Texas could gather their forces and talk Muschamp out of leaving. I just feel like there's a missing piece.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Maybe the thinking was that the announcement would take the sting out of the fact that Newton was a Gator that got away?