Winning a National Championship is SUCH a BIG DEAL......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBud, Feb 2, 2004.

1. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Hell, it hasn't happened in 45 years here.

But, I was thinking about Tennessee. Tennessee has a street named for Phil Fulmer, Tee Martin and Peyton Manning (and he didn't even win a National Championship).

How many of you would be in favor of renaming North Stadium Drive (which only runs for about 1/4 of a mile) to "Nick Saban Drive"?

At the same time, we can rename that portion of South Stadium Drive which runs from Nicholson to the Levee, "Skip Bertman Road" in honor of his 5 National Championships.

Would anyone be against this???

It would definitely show Nick that he is EXTREMELY APPRECIATED here!

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Sounds good to me. When we start naming streets after people like Phat Phil, then maybe I'd have a problem with it. Tee Martin & Peyton probably didn't deserve it either.

3. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Isn't there already a Bertman Drive (or something similar) near the stadium?

4. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Actually, YOU'RE RIGHT.

I remember hearing talk about it a few years back but wasn't aware of it actually being done.

I did a simple search at "www.lsu.edu" and found that the Vet School's official address is --

School of Veterinary Medicine
    Louisiana State University
    Skip Bertman Drive
    Baton Rouge, LA 70803

Now, we need one for Nick. And, the place where the players and the band "walk down the hill" would be perfect!!!

They can give the Stadium the address "2003".

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

They are actually planning on removing North Stadium in the Campus Masterplan. They want to create an athletic plaza type place in between the PMAC and Tiger Stadium, including Mike's new habitat. Maybe they could call it Nick Saban square or something.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

There's already a Bertman drive. I'm all for a street named after Nick. Even more incentive for him to stay.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

More likely we'll see the Nick Saban Football Center at the Charles McClendon Football Practice Facility.

If we got him a houndstooth turtleneck would he wear lt?