Would You Embrace Les Miles again if.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 22, 2009.

?

POLL:What would Les Miles have to do to regain your trust/respect?

1. Win the SEC West next year

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Win the SEC next year

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Win another BCS National Championship next year

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. He will never regain my trust/respect

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  5. I will support Coach Les Miles no matter what

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It's no secret that Coach Les Miles is under plenty of scrutiny right now (and rightly so).

My question is this: Could he earn your trust/respect back if he won the SEC West next year?

or would he have to win the SEC to regain your trust/respect again?

or would he have to win another BCSNC to regain your trust/respect?

Can he ever earn your respect?

Vote and discuss.

1 person likes this.
  2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

He will earn my respect back if he comes out this week apologizes to his team for failing them in every way possible on and off the field.

1 person likes this.
  3. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Win the SEC.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

IMO it's never been about wins and losses although that is important also. It's more about playing quality football. If you play a really good team and play a good game but lose there is no shame in that. However take a game like La Tech where the team won but played waaaay below it's talent level and looked clueless, that's a problem. The only thing Miles needs to do is get the team playing to it's potential. You're still going to lose some games that maybe you could have won, but it shouldn't look like keystone cops. This season and last the team won some games in spite of the coaching staff. The staff needs to become a positive instead of a negative which they definitely were at ole miss and at other times this and last season. Doesn't mean it's not fixable, but it is troubling. Add none of the above to the poll.

1 person likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Gotta say with cruise line full of talent available for next year, more mature to boot, SEC title should be the call. How bad the coaching staff gets a cleansing might just dictate the West but for me that is bare bones.

No excuses in 2010.

:tigereye:

6. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

If he can't earn our respect back then we are possibly the worst fans in the country. The great Bill Belicheck (sp?) made one of the biggest bonehead calls of the year and his players had enough respect to play well this week. This is ridiculous to even be discussing -- the coach messed up, I think he understands it let's move on. The most important thing is that the players are still behind Miles. If the players come out flat and play terrible it could be bad sign for how the players feel about Miles. All this talk about recruiting, the only thing that hurts recruiting is seeing all the whining from our own fanbase calling our head coach an idiot. It's time to move on aight.

1 person likes this.
  7. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

That 4th and 2 was statistically a wash. It wasn't the right call or the wrong one. Numbers have been crunched. Besides -- it was a risk. Not an idiot ass mistake.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with the first sentence.

However...if you think the amazing backlash is about the boneheaded calls in this game, you're wrong. People are mad...PISSED...embarassed...ashamed...about the fact that Les Miles deflected responsibility for the last play (the clocking) onto his asst coaches...and even onto his young QB. Bottom line, that is ALMOST unforgivable.

Almost. But he needs to come out QUICKLY and take FULL responsibility for that fiasco in public...and then he needs to fire Gary Crowton after the season. Sure, maybe help Gary get a new job somewhere else...but can his arse nonetheless.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tiger10

Tiger10 Founding Member

I see a few of those Id like to pick.

10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Win the West. Next year's schedue is the hardest one we've had in quite some time with the addition of North Carolina for the first game and West Virginia a little later. That means very few rent-a-wins. All we have is McNeese and ULM. All the rest will be real games. Even Vandy gets us over at their place, so you never know.

We have to go to the Swamp (no Tebow and many losses on D...but still), to Auburn and to Arkansas.

Anyway, next year is the ultimate test. No padding of the victories. We need to unleash Shep and RR and some of these young guys on D. Most of all, I just want to beat Bama next year at home.