Wow... Finally got to watch the entire game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ARTiger, Oct 8, 2006.

1. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Well since I had other obligations in the late afternoon I had to miss the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the game. I was checking the score the whole time and was just amazed at what I was seeing. Keep in mind I had no idea about any plays, just the score. I did make it back in time to see the 4th quarter.

So I sit down this afternoon and watch the game since I had recorded it. I was just shocked by all the mistakes. This team beat itself, period.

Special teams were atrocious. Russell was not very accurate. Bowe dropped too many passes that were not perfect but catchable and finally, we had no big running game.

I've seen posts on here about poor coaching but I'm not convinced we were out coached. Look at that drive when we had the TD and then when we moved down the field and fumbled. :nope: There was some consistency and we did move the ball on offense. It wasn't always pretty but yards were gained.

It's probably been said already but just poor execution and mistakes killed our guys chances. There is no way Florida is better than LSU. Not from what I saw. They capitalized on the gifts they were given. Hell, they got to 23 points in the third quarter and didn't score the rest of the game?!?! It wasn't like they were dominating us.

I will concede they did expose our Defense a little bit but it wasn't like they were having their way the entire game.

Also, what about those few weird penalties?? That phantom holding call when we had already scored the TD and the one called before Tebleaux made his 1950's jump pass? I didn't see em like the zebras did.

So in conclusion, I'm disappointed in the performance and I sure hope they work on special teams this week!!

:geauxtige

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The phantom holding call did have an impact on the game, no doubt.

At that point, we would have been up 14-7, and would have been in the game until the very end. But oh well. Poor officiating has now become the norm, as is to be expected, sadly.

3. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Man I agree on the impact that penalty had on the game. Then FUMBLE!!!

That's when I really get pi$$ed about Miles. I would be all in someone's face and he just acts like he's at church. :nope: Even if the play is not changed you still have to work the officials. Isn't that like a coaching 101 ??

Well hopefully they pick up the pieces and move on.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well Les doesn't have a clue while the game is actually going on (game prep is questionable, game management deplorable).

I think someone could have been correct in an earlier post when they said Les must have gotten a lobotomy this summer. How I long for the sideline tirades by Lord Saban.

5. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Ha, lobotomy, now that's funny. :)

I think I'm like any football fan.. it's a game of emotion. If you have no emotion then something seems wrong. I watch Louisville this weekend and saw Petrino ripping on his guys for mistakes. I'm not saying a coach has to be an ********* but he has to set a tone with the players. Everyone makes mistakes but being a pacifist seems out of place in football. Damn, yell at someone! Don't just sit there like Lurch and grunt at people.

I guess either way, it's more on the players for the mistakes that were made this game. Special teams better get an overhaul quickly.

Oh and I just remembered. I get to go to work tomorrow and listen to all the Hog Fans brag about how they kicked Auburn a$$. :confused:

:geauxtige

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

As soon as they open their mouths to say something, punch them in the nose. Works every time.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Just remind the RazorHacks how well they've represented the SEC against Southern Cal the last two years, and they'd better shut up after that...

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

If they don't, punch them in the nose.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I think what salty is trying to say is... Punch em in the nose.

oh... and better Arkansas fans at work rather than USC fans.. I'd quit my job. (after i punched them in the nose):lol:

10. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Damn, I have some punching to do today !!

:wink: