Wow, I feel really good tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Sep 25, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Have to admit that living in Atlanta, I had kinda soured on the Saints the past several years. But moving back to NO to help with Katrina restoration has really invigorated my sense of home. And the entire event today just has be feeling pretty damn good.

Here's a shout out:

Geaux Saints

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I still like to see them do well, but until Benson sells the team I'll always have a sour taste in my mouth re: the Saints.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

its great to hear espn compare the saints with some good things instead of going for the record losses or what not.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Can you believe he pulled out that lame ass parasol dance tonight? I did not need the reminder that he's still the owner. It ruined the celebration for me and reminded me why I have been so down on the Saints.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Definitely a great night to be a Saints fan. I still don't trust Benson any further than I can throw him, but I've decided that I'm not going to think about him until I have to. Just taking the Saints season-to-season, and right now we have a pretty good one going. We'll see how long this will roll.

6. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tom Benson is no friend of the people of Louisiana. It was only when his hand was forced by Tagliabue and the league that he decided he was committed to rebuilding the city and returning the Saints to their true home. He has no place on that field celebrating. Where was he last year? Working on moving the team while fearing for his life from those same mean ol' Saints Fans he was dancing with last night. Those same fans that in spite of everything that has happened sold out the entire season. The same fans that have lost so much but still found a way to buy a ticket to the show.

Last night, the Team, the City and the Media hit a home run and made the most of the opportunity to show to the Nation that the City is not dead and gone. They made it a point to repeat that things are a long way from complete but the spirit is alive and well. I realize that there are many who are struggling in so many ways and in my opinion last night was an image of hope. Everything is going to work out in the end.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I know what you mean, but we Saints fans are going to have to collectively shut up and endure the guy until he turns the team over to Rita. Right now things are going good, and the fans have responded with the best ticket-buying year ever. Benson can't complain about lack of support, so the best thing would be not to give him anything else to complain about.

8. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

Before the game they had a little video of benson and his daughter. I not sure what they said cause the sound was bad where I was but I can tell you that definitely got pissed just looking at that *********. It was a slap in the face to me because I know that bitch is gonna take the team to LA when she takes over the team. Still a great night to be a saints fan but still have a bad feeling in my stomach with that possibility looming in the future.

9. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

That family is by far the worst thing about the Saints franchise- and we've had Ricky Williams. (Well, he was a decent person by all accounts then, but whatever.)

I wish we had owners like the Redskins do- grew up as fans, etc. That's ideal.