Xavier Carter Injury

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Oct 31, 2004.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

He broke his collarbone on a kick return in the first half and will probably be done for the year. Tough luck for the kid and hopefully he will make a full recovery and come out flying next year.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He can hang his hat on the fact that his kick return more than likely saved our ass in the Troy game.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yes, even though it's a disappointing end to Xavier's first regular season (I read he will be out 4-6 weeks--could be back for a bowl game depending on which one it is), but he's shown some skills in his limited time thus far (save for that kneel down at the 1 :))

Speedy recovery Xavier!!! We're gonna need you, man!

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Anyone notice how small and puny our shoulder pads seem for LSU? Perhaps I'm taking crazy pills (leaving myself open on this one, I know), but they almost always look smaller in comparison to other teams...especially the pads on the skill players...

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I've noticed this, especially on Jamarcus Russell, it looks like he just has a jersey on and nothing underneath it.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Must.....resist...the....urge....

7. TigerEducated

SabanFan...Why resist...We know your doctor PRESCRIBES them to you...

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, I'm on a daily dose Rx that I call my "chill pill". It's really cut down on things like road rage, stress about work and helicoptering golf clubs. In fact, my handicap has dropped about 5 strokes and my enjoyment of the game has increased immensely.

I take 10 mg a day but anti-LSU coaching posts average about 20mg of aggravation.

9. TigerEducated

I met some good friends of mine at a X-Mas party at their house in 2002...They invited me to go deep sea fishing with them the next week...

The friend that introduced us and myself were busy trying to figure out what music we'd listen to and what DVD's we'd be watching on the way down to Venice...By the time we left their house on the Diversion Canal near Highway 22 and got to Sorrento, I remember the friend that invited us saying...

"Reach back there in my briefcase and hand me another nerve pill. I didn't realize ya'll were this much fun all the time."

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Too bad Hawkins packed his suitcase, he might have seen some playing time with Carter's injury unless NS had made an absolute decision to redshirt him. Get well soon X.