Ya'll done jumping off the ledge yet?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PodKATT, Nov 5, 2008.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

You'd swear WW3 started last night with all the "End of Days" nonsense i'm reading this morning. Some of yall sound like Crip after the Kentucky loss last year. Let's calm down for a second and think about this.

The dems will not get the "Magic Majority", just a slightly larger majority than before. The last 2 years proved that even with a majority, concessions and compromise has to occur for legislation to be passed. They will no-doubt try for some things they couldn't get through in the past (a re-tooled assault weapons ban, for instance) but it wont all of a sudden be this liberal fantasy land. And don't forget SCOTUS is conservative leaning right now, with no one on death watch for the immediate future.

As for the president, he's not some godless liberal. Hell, the man goes to church more than I do. He probably wont sign any national legislation about gay marriage or abortion, rather he'll let the states decide the issue on their own. And when has any candidates' economic plans from the campaign ever made it to reality without serious changes? Although last night's win was an electoral knockout, the popular vote was still very close. He knows that he has to at least attempt to please conservatives or else suffer severe backlash in the next election.

I think yall are worried over nothing. This is still the greatest country on the planet. It was last tuesday, it will be next tuesday, and it certainly was last night. I am proud to live in a country where I have to chose between a distinguished and honorable war hero and an inspiring and hopeful leader.

So what if it didn't go the way you hoped. What are you gonna do, threaten to leave like those whinny liberal sissys 4 years ago? I'll tell you something my friend, no matter what happens 4, 8, or 50 years from now, I'm never leaving the land I love.

:usaflagwa :laflagwav

4 people like this.
  2. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Great post Pod!! I think it is great that we live in a country where you can vote for the person you want to lead. :usaflagwa

Obama won the popular vote and electoral vote. He is the person the majority of Americans have chosen and will be president.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!

A chance to lead and try to improve the state of the economy.

If you'd like to move to Canada or Mexico I'll be more than happy to help you pack...:thumb:

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

No doubt! :lol:

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Good post except for 2 minor details:

Godless? No. Liberal? Absolutely. He proved it time and time again in the Senate. He campaigned to the center, which is what any liberal has to do to get elected President. I know some of his supporters here in FSA suggest he will govern to the center as well, and I hope they are correct. The failure to reach a veto-proof majority helps there. The Senate GOP is going to have to stand rock-solid from Day 1 of the Obama presidency. Obviously some give and take is going to have to occur, but on issues that could take the country decidedly to the left (the Fairness Doctrine immediately leaps to mind), they are going to have to be like Glenn Dorsey with his back to the goalline.:LSU231:

Abortion won't become the states issue it should be until the SCOTUS overturns Roe v Wade. Ain't gonna happen.

On that, you are correct. But we only stay that way by being vigilant, not only to threats from without, but from within. The media has played watchdog over the Bush Administration, but they've already signed their allegiance to Obama and the Democratic Party, come what may, IMO. As Hillary Clinton said (paraphrasing), it is not unpatriotic to disagree with your president. I hope that her mantra is remembered over the next 4 years.

:usaflagwa :laflagwav

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Acronyms that make you itch.

6. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Well said. An EXCELLENT post.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

PodKATT,

Great Post!!!

And just how upset WAS Crip after the Ky. loss last year??? :hihi:

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Don't fool yourselves. Big Daddy government is on the way.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=5081

3 people like this.
  9. Andouille

Andouille Guest

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Confiscate our 401k? Seriously?